Question about Pilgrim Gander

CV11

In the Brooder
Aug 2, 2018
i have a male pilgrim goose gander, I got him as a gosling and was sold to me as a pilgrim but he is grown up and has blue eyes and no grey spots at all so do pilgrims have to have grey or can they be solid white or is it a embden gander?

Attachments

• 0D8ACA7E-1F97-4115-88D7-DAEBFB94BD7C.jpeg
    0D8ACA7E-1F97-4115-88D7-DAEBFB94BD7C.jpeg
    362.1 KB · Views: 49
Beautiful boy! I'm pretty sure with pilgrim geese, the males are actually white...the females are the ones with the grey pattern. I'll try to find the breed information page and link it on here for you.

Beautiful boy! I'm pretty sure with pilgrim geese, the males are actually white...the females are the ones with the grey pattern. I'll try to find the breed information page and link it on here for you.
Yes your correct the males are white, and females are grey with some white but I have heard that the males usually have some small grey spots like under the wings and he doesn’t s have a single spot of grey, can a pilgrim gander be solid white?

It may not be considered the "standard of perfection " without any grey to him, but unless you are planning on showing or breeding, it's perfectly fine. As long as he's happy and healthy you shouldn't worry about it. Do you have any other geese?

Yes i have him and a female goose i got recently, he hasn’t been too fond of try to peck and grab her but he’s warming up to her.
It may not be considered the "standard of perfection " without any grey to him, but unless you are planning on showing or breeding, it's perfectly fine. As long as he's happy and healthy you shouldn't worry about it. Do you have any other geese?
i was going to breed him with the female i have

Interesting looking goose!

Unfortunately to say the truth: If was a Pilgrim gander he would have grey feathers on him and shouldn't be pure white. It's a number 1 thing about a Pilgrim gander to have few grey feathers especially when young.

He could still grow grey feathers but if he doesn't he/she is an Embden or a mix of an Embden and Pilgrim

Back
Top Bottom