Question about removing Chicks from Bator...

kelseygirl707

Dances with Chickens
10 Years
Mar 3, 2009
Lakeport, Ca.
So I know the rule is, no opening the bator after day 18, well what if I have two chicks hatch on day 18, 3 more pipped, but still waiting on 18 eggs, do the chicks hatching early have to stay in the bator until the last chicks hatch , that could be three or four more days.

Any Thoughts?
idunno.gif

anytime i have chicks hatch that early i take them out as soon as there dry but they can stay in thre 2 or 3 days after hatching still they may get to hot so i would take them out provided there dry

Ok, I guess I'll leave them in until monday, I just feel bad, cause they are stumpling over eachother and the other eggs, and 1 is completely dry.
idunno.gif

Thanks Guys!

i would take them out from experiance because if they stay in therwe to long they will get hungry and when they see the other eggs pipping they will try to attack/eat the membrain which will hurt the chick inside so if you do leave them in their what for them to start panting ot deep breathing as this is a sign of them being to hot, also just watch to make sure they dont climb on the other eggs and get to close to the heating element well good luck with which ever route you take

Back
Top Bottom