Question about silkie gender

I realized VERY, VERY few people post updates later about their chicks, to confirm whether they were indeed males or females. So I had to do that update, at least.

And I was so happy to have her put the egg in the box beside me, too! It's probably the last time I'll ever know exactly which of the two hens laid which egg (the black hen laid one in the same box a short while before the white one, but I was right next to them both the whole time).

Bless. I don't have any hens yet, I was hoping to get them next month (ex bat) but we are going away now in May so I'll get them after.

I do hope to get a couple of silkies one day though, they are gorgeous.

Are you planning on getting more? Or do you hope for the hens to lay and raise their own chicks? X

Definitely hoping for the two hens to lay and raise their own chicks, but ALSO planning to get more. I had a blue one that was about 3 weeks old, but he disappeared from the grow-out pen last night. The pen and top didn't seem disturbed, he just disappeared...

But I've got some more blue ones coming in April from another breeder.

How strange :/ what do you think happened?

The blue ones are gorgeous. I'd like a few colours... I can see myself with lots of chickens at this rate
1f648.png

How strange
hmm.png
what do you think happened?

The blue ones are gorgeous. I'd like a few colours... I can see myself with lots of chickens at this rate
1f648.png

Honestly? I'm thinking maybe a snake. It's the only thing that could fit in to attack them. And he'd be stuck from getting out after swallowing a chick, unless he went OVER the side to get out (it's covered in tarp, but loose enough that a snake could push it up and get out).

Really. Wow! I guess it makes sense... How strange. Let's hope it doesn't happen to anymore. Especially when you start getting your chicks x

I know! Man, if something happens to my white silkie chicks after they start hatching out... y'all might see me in a YouTube video wrestling a snake to death on the ground!

Back
Top Bottom