Question about yolks of 2 eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Eric1212, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Eric1212

Eric1212 New Egg

Apr 20, 2017
    Hi. Are these 2 eggs safe to eat? First picture - right side of yolk is cloudy, with a cloudy protrusion coming off the right side; 2nd picture - black spots in yolk. I live in Thailand. Thanks for any replies. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hybridchucks

Hybridchucks Chicken Obsessed

Are the black spots blood do you think, coz there is usually a tint bit of blood in egg yolk!

3. Hybridchucks

Hybridchucks Chicken Obsessed

and [​IMG]

4. bobbi-j

bobbi-j Chicken Obsessed

Mar 15, 2010
    On the MN prairie.
    [​IMG]

They are safe to eat. I don't know what causes the cloudiness, but the spots on the yolk are likely blood spots. Those can happen when a capillary ruptures during the production of the egg. If it doesn't bother you to see it, go ahead and eat them. Some people are a little more squeamish than others. I haven't had little spots like that, but sometimes I'll have a meat or blood spot on my egg. I just scoop it out with a spoon and eat the eggs.

5. Petra Pancake

Petra Pancake Chillin' With My Peeps

Agree, the dark spots are most likely blood or tissue "meat" spots. I sometimes get cloudy eggs, usually when I' ve not collected them for a day and the chickens sleep on them during the night (one or two of mine sleep in the nesting box). I just make sure the are well cooked or fried before eating, never had any problems.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by