Question For Pagans

NYboy

Songster
10 Years
Nov 12, 2009
White plains
I know many Fables, Myths and Fairytales have pagan roots. Is Mother Nature a goddess? If so does she have any other names? Is there any prayer or blessing to show her respect? Thankyou a curious nature lover.

The Green Man....I love the Green Man. Alot of Christmas "decorations" orginally were Pagan. I am Pagan and my extended family is not. I have Pagan decor through my house, and they are clueless about it.

Paganism didn't develop into Abrahmic religions, as they haven't disappeared and most still exist and are still worshiped. cultural appropriation has occured, particularly in Christianity, due to conversion as the religions spread. The reason for this is mainly that such appropriation of cultural and religious traditions and symbols makes conversion easier. But often aren't accepted in a religious capacity. Yule logs originally held a cultural and religious meaning, but in the context of Christmas as celebrated by Christians is is nothing more than a holiday tradition with none of its original cultural or religious significance. And the actual traditional significance in its original context has been largely lost.

Pagan remnants aren't all that exist. Many have continued even after the introduction of other faiths to their homelands. It covers nearly all ethnic and folk religions like Buddhism, Hindu, Shinto, Satstana Phi, Shenjiao, Mugyo, Tengerism, tribal religions, ect. as well as recon and neo-oagan faiths such as Asatru and Wicca.

I have friends with daughters named Maya and Gaia (for mother earth)...they're crunchy granola hipster types.
tongue.png

Google "gaia". Wikipedia's site should have answers for you. I had a quick look now...

Gaia, Demeter, Tellus, Hertha, Erda, Jörd, Fjörgyn, Hlödyn, Etenoha, and Ina Maka. Just to name a few I can remember. It's generally best if you make up your own prayer, but if you can't come up with one I'm pretty sure I can find one for in one of my books. Now that I think about, my Pagan Prayer book might have one in it.

ETA: I went and found the book. I was wrong, it just has a general Goddess prayer. Now, off to find the rest of the books before I pack them all up.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom