question for those who have ordered from Ideal

I apreciate everyones comments... boy the days are going by really slow.... I a trying to keep busy(never been good at waiting) trying to keep busy... I did major cleaning today(cause i know when they get here I will not want to do anything else but watch them)... I have the brooder ready... all I need to do is go get the chick starter(waiting until closer to delivery date)...

Right now I'm brooding what recently hatched in the bottom of my parrot's cage, he has been dying for company since our other parrot died. He's soooo happy, he watches them and chats with them and sometimes goes wayyy down by the bottom to be near them and watch (he's a dusky conure in a giant macaw cage).

I have a brooder box for the house and am building a big brooder in the well house for everything I have in the incubator now. But the macaw cage works, one side of the floor has a light, the other a kennel heating pad. Older ones like the heating pad better than the warmer light but I have mixed ages, so both.

They're a funny bunch, older seramas, younger barred rock/sizzles, and younger yet delawares. And one happy conure.

Quote:
Adorable. I hope your shipment is great! I'll be ordering from Ideal next year so hopefully all will go well but I've never ordered chicks before. Good luck and post pics of those fuzzies when you get them!

I recently got a shipment of chicks from Ideal. I was very satisfied with the chicks and how quickly they shipped. I would do business with them again.

I received an order yesterday and they are all doing quite well. They look great. The silkies even look pretty good. My only small problem was that I originally ordered 25 chicks, a month early and the day they shipped they called and told my hubby that they only sent 6 of 11 of one breed I asked for. If I had known that I would have had them throw in 4 others that were available. Maybe I was only supposed to have 21 chicks this time... I will order from them again.

I am driving out to Ideal a week from Wednasday to get my 1st Chicks.

I am getting 5 Black Sex Link and 5 Production Red Pullets

CANT WAIT!!!!!
big_smile.png

Patti

Back
Top Bottom