casportpony

🦚🦆🦃🐔
BYC Staff
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Jun 24, 2012
The Golden State
What smell, image, or sound triggers nostalgia for you? For me, it's the smell of eucalyptus trees. It reminds visiting my grandparents in Carmel Valley, CA.
1709661559501.png

I can't think of anything...not very nostalgic I guess! There are certain poems and certain songs that give me feels and take me back to some pivotal point in life and bring back memories! Some of them I even memorized!
"I've never made a fortune, it's probably too late now!
But I don't worry about that much, I'm happy any how!
And as I go along life's way I'm reaping better than I've sown,
I'm drinking from my saucer 'Cause my cup has overflowed."

Now I'm not so sure I can remember the whole thing...but I know it to hear it and I remember!

What smell, image, or sound triggers nostalgia for you? For me, it's the smell of eucalyptus trees. It reminds visiting my grandparents in Carmel Valley, CA. View attachment 3763954
Well, that'd have to be my old house in California and the smells it had. Which are undescribable. Oh, and the smell of the computer bins in the garage. I have one easily accessible if you want a whiff.

There are quite a few pieces of music that bring back memories.

Oh, and toss the Windows 7 startup sound there. I miss it.

Even today the smell of Teak wood brings back bad memories, along with the smell of incense.
The night sounds of Katydids and Whippoorwills remind me of Grandparents during the Summer, No AC back then, windows wide open. To this day I remember lying in bed with the window above my head, porch roof just under it and one energetic bird belting out 188 Whip poor Will verses, a record that stands to this day. Images not so much.

What smell, image, or sound triggers nostalgia for you? For me, it's the smell of eucalyptus trees. It reminds visiting my grandparents in Carmel Valley, CA. View attachment 3763954
The smell of old wood. Like old wooden boxes or some old books. Reminds me of my grandparents house. Also, certain songs and sayings. My parents and grandparents would sing or say to me😊❤️.

Even today the smell of Teak wood brings back bad memories, along with the smell of incense.
The night sounds of Katydids and Whippoorwills remind me of Grandparents during the Summer, No AC back then, windows wide open. To this day I remember lying in bed with the window above my head, porch roof just under it and one energetic bird belting out 188 Whip poor Will verses, a record that stands to this day. Images not so much.
I miss going to bed while the sun was up with the AC on (it was right outside my window) while throwing stuffed animals back and forth with my brother (We called that "monkeyshine". Good luck banning that parents!)

Back
Top Bottom