Question on hatching quail and chicks

Glad to hear it helped mid you have any other questions I can try to answer I would love to help. Wish you the best with your hatch.
Candled. I think 1 quit but leaving it just in case. Other 6 doing well. Saw some slight shadowing at the non slopped side of the air cells which with chickens I seem to see anywhere from a few hours to a day before internal pip.

Any idea how long from internal to external pip for them? I know with chickens it is around a day?

I was given some Celadon quail eggs from someone I hatched chicks for. I know nothing about quail. Been reading some but have some questions. I heard they hatch between day 16-18. I am going to be gone late day 13 to early day 15. I have someone adding water to the incubator. I was going to remove the turner on day 13 and bump humidity on day 15. Does that sound ok?

How long do quail take to go from pip to zip? I know with chicks it can be up to 24 hrs. And do they zip quick like chickens or slower like ducks?

I use a MHP with my chicks are quail ok with that? And I use a nipple waterer, vertical, with my chicks so they barely have to touch it and get water, will the quail be able to use it?

I bought game bird started but the crumble look kind of big. Do I need to break it down more?

They are on day 11 and look good. Had 9, but 1 had a detached air cell so never started and 1 had a crack only seen when candling so even though I put wax on the crack it quit. So I have 7 going strong
I hatch quail regularly.

Taking the eggs out of the turner a few days earlier than one normally would is completely fine.
I do not raise my humidity until I see an external pip which is usually a day before hatch.

Put a handful or two of the game. Bird crumble into a ziploc bag and take a hammer to it.
Do this for the first week.

I'm not sure where about in the world you are located, but I have Quail eggs that will be hatching on Friday and I will have a regular light bulb lamp on them for 2 days only. There will be moved outside on day three with no added heat.

I would not use a mother heating pad with quail because they're dumb.

Candled. I think 1 quit but leaving it just in case. Other 6 doing well. Saw some slight shadowing at the non slopped side of the air cells which with chickens I seem to see anywhere from a few hours to a day before internal pip.

Any idea how long from internal to external pip for them? I know with chickens it is around a day?
They usually internally pip a day before they externally pip and then they will hatch the next.

They usually internally pip a day before they externally pip and then they will hatch the next.
Ok so just like chicken eggs? I had heard from a few places that they normally hatch within a few hours from pipping

I hatch quail regularly.

Taking the eggs out of the turner a few days earlier than one normally would is completely fine.
I do not raise my humidity until I see an external pip which is usually a day before hatch.

Put a handful or two of the game. Bird crumble into a ziploc bag and take a hammer to it.
Do this for the first week.

I'm not sure where about in the world you are located, but I have Quail eggs that will be hatching on Friday and I will have a regular light bulb lamp on them for 2 days only. There will be moved outside on day three with no added heat.

I would not use a mother heating pad with quail because they're dumb.
You don't think they would go to the warm dark area like under a mother? I have no other heat source and will be selling them at some point so most likely never hatching again so can't see spending the $ on another heat source or I will end up losing $ on them.

I’m sorry but I do not know most of mine usually pip in the middle of the night but glad to hear 6 are doing good.

Back
Top Bottom