Question on hatching quail and chicks

Yeah whenever I hatch mine don’t peep till they are zipping and out and sometimes not at all they make up for it in their first 24-48 hrs they scream like crazy and do not stop.
oh YIKES on them being super loud after! The chicks drove my husband crazy I can only imagine how he will be with them. LOL

woke up to NOTHING. :( Was really hoping to wake up to at least something...... I noticed the first pip at around 3pm when I got home so it could have happened anytime after 8 am.......... it is now 7 am and still nothing. so at least 16 hrs......... UGH my brain is going all types of placed. I dreamed all night that they hatched and there were babies in there would wake up and peek on the camera and nothing, fall back to sleep and the same thing. LOL they best hurry up and hatch or I am going to go nuts and have a LONG day at work!

woke up to NOTHING. :( Was really hoping to wake up to at least something...... I noticed the first pip at around 3pm when I got home so it could have happened anytime after 8 am.......... it is now 7 am and still nothing. so at least 16 hrs......... UGH my brain is going all types of placed. I dreamed all night that they hatched and there were babies in there would wake up and peek on the camera and nothing, fall back to sleep and the same thing. LOL they best hurry up and hatch or I am going to go nuts and have a LONG day at work!
Yeah they do that to you sometimes by the time you get home they will prob be running around.

2 are out. The first pipped still hasn't hatched. The 2nd pipped was the 2nd hatched. and one of the others was the first hatched. 4 others have pips and the one I think was a late quitter has nothing.........

Yay congrats can’t wait to see them when their feathers start coming in.
not sure how long I will have them. When do their feathers start coming in? I am going to be selling them but would love to see them grow a bit. But only have a tote for them to live in for now (it is good size but not huge.)

ok. 3 are out. had to assist the 3rd one a bit (first one pipped since it was a while since it had pipped and nothing and was looking a bit shrink wrapped. it is out and drying off and moving around great.

I have 2 others that pipped about 26 hrs ago. nothing going on with them. Should I open the pip a bit and see if still alive? it is 9pm here so heading to bed in a couple hours so if I wait till morning it will be over 36 hrs....

@Patiocoturnix

Back
Top Bottom