Question on hatching quail and chicks

well I have 5. I lost one last night but think because of something I did. :( But that last one to hatch was having a rough time. The veins never fully absorbed but it was still alive and getting very crunchy. I left it in there to absorb for about 8-10 hrours and it was no longer chewing and I could tell it was weaker. So just did my best to get it out of the shell. There was minimal bleeding but there was some. The chick was all crusty so I had to give it a bath. It wouldn't open its eyes and wasn't sure if they were stuck shut etc was very weak. I washed it all up and put it back in the incubator. Then gave it some nutridrench a few times. about 9 hrs later it was still just flopping around the incubator so I put it in a cup so it wouldn't flop around and went to bed hoping for the best. Woke up this morning and it is alive, eyes are open and it is walking aroung. So it is now in the brooder with the others.
Sorry about the one you lost. But I’m glad you were able to save the other one.

Sorry about the one you lost. But I’m glad you were able to save the other one.
That last one was the strangest thing. I have never had a chick/chicken just not absorb veins if still alive. The couple I assisted if they had veins I put them back and a few hours later they are gone. This one was at least 10 hrs with no change in them besides the ones that got crusty

Back
Top Bottom