Question regarding duck mating behavior

AmberLittlejohn

Songster
Mar 4, 2019
Upstate South Carolina
Hello all!
I'm new to having girls so I'm unaware of how much I should leave my drake be when he's making his advances. My drake has 2 gals that are 25 weeks and he has no interest in them. Instead he has his sights set on my two girls hatched March 26th. Am I okay to let him do his thing with them or should I break it up? TIA!

The ones born March 26th are way to young. The need to be at least 16-20 weeks old. So you ones hatched in March might still be a few weeks too young.
Thanks for your response I was thinking for sure he was being out of line. Any thoughts as to why he's ignoring his pretty girlfriends of the same breed and correct maturity? He's a jumbo pekin and the two born in March are mallard and an undetermined white breed.

oh my gosh, that would be bad! He's way too big for those little ones and I'm not sure but he might hurt their little bodies that aren't quite ready for this kind of activity yet. Kinda like with people perverts that like little girls!

oh my gosh, that would be bad! He's way too big for those little ones and I'm not sure but he might hurt their little bodies that aren't quite ready for this kind of activity yet. Kinda like with people perverts that like little girls!
I called him a pedophile when I caught him! But I wasn't too concerned regarding their size the one of undetermined breed is actually bigger than him and my mallard girl is super fat and healthy!
20190522_094700.jpg

They are beautiful but I think the size difference between these 2 would be, you know, a lot! She looks like a little p-nut next to the pekin! I watch my one little runner drake do his thing as much as he can with my 6 girls and what I see dangling down afterwards is quite impressive and mine is a little runner! I can't even imagine what a Pekin would have down there!

They are beautiful but I think the size difference between these 2 would be, you know, a lot! She looks like a little p-nut next to the pekin! I watch my one little runner drake do his thing as much as he can with my 6 girls and what I see dangling down afterwards is quite impressive and mine is a little runner! I can't even imagine what a Pekin would have down there!
I was shocked to see a jumbo pekin willy the first time I was pretty traumatized

Back
Top Bottom