Question

Suebrose2000

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 24, 2012
WV
The ducks we have are about 7-8 weeks old and from their voices I think they are both drakes. My sister gave them to my son from a pet store where she lives. I would like to have some ducks for the eggs. Where is a good place to order from online and what kind should I get. The two we have are a Buff and Khaki Campbell.

If i were to get two girls would that make for happy ducks or trouble with the the drakes? Also, would I be able to put the babies with the two drakes when they are 4 weeks old or so?

Thanks

The ducks we have are about 7-8 weeks old and from their voices I think they are both drakes. If neither of them quack loud by this point, then you are probably correct.

My sister gave them to my son from a pet store where she lives. I would like to have some ducks for the eggs. Where is a good place to order from online and what kind should I get. The two we have are a Buff and Khaki Campbell. Khaki Campbell, Welsh Harlequin, and Indian Runners are all good for eggs. Metzer's will allow you to make small purchases of sexed ducklings for an extra fee. They have good production quality birds, and an excellent reputation for customer service.

If i were to get two girls would that make for happy ducks or trouble with the the drakes? 2 hens are too few. A good ratio is 3-4 hens per drake, to prevent overuse, injury and possibly death to the hens.

Also, would I be able to put the babies with the two drakes when they are 4 weeks old or so? I don't think they will be big enough at that point. Your drakes will be adults by then. I would wait till your new hens are at least fully feathered, perhaps even a bit longer.

Thanks Best Wishes to you.

Last edited:
Thank you. I can't get that many ducks :( I suppose that I will just keep the drakes I have and if one happens to be a female then I will get two more females.

Back
Top Bottom