Questionable Ameraucana - Roo or Hen? (lots of pics)

willow13

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 8, 2009
I have three ameraucanas they are 6 1/2 weeks old. two are definitely females, and don't really have any combs. the other one, white/silver, has a much larger comb that is getting very red. It also has like three combs in a row, no just one, like a normal hen would have. "she" is also the most dominant and picks fights/plays dominant games with all the other girls who are much larger. "she" has a very large and upright tail thats been getting a lot of green in it, much bigger than the other two girls, and he seems to be growing a little faster than them as well. So if anyone can give me some more definitive answers on to whether or not "she" is actually a "she" or in fact a "he", that would be great. Thanks.

IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1168.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_1113.jpg

IMG_1099.jpg
(girl - same age - for comparison)

GREAT photos, by the way. What you've got is an EE (Easter Egger), not an Ameraucana, and yes, it's a cockerel. Pretty boy!

The first one looks a lot like lily my EE pullet. she is older now and definatly a hen but when she was that age she looked a lot like that with her combs and i thought the hatchery had made a mistake! She is very pretty as well.

lol. thanks everyone. that's what we were thinking. im kind of excited to have a rooster.
wink.png

so they are EEs... that's what I was calling them when I first got them, but then people on this forum told me I was wrong and that they were Ameraucanas not EEs... ehh whatever.

Back
Top Bottom