Questions about a pigeon I met a few years back

Kr1spy_dreamz

Songster
Aug 29, 2020
Las vegas, Nevada
So I met this really nice looking pigeon a few years back in my middle school (pigeon swere rampant there, they even made nests.)

He was pretty chill for a pigeon if im gonna be honest, but here are my questions.

1: what kind of uhh how do you say this, what kind of breed or color variety was this pigeon? I would love to know!

2: why was he so chill? He wasnt chill to the point were I could pick him up but he was chill enough to not fly away when a group of kids were near him, he would sometimes get a little too close for comfort.
sorry if I couldn't get a whole body picture but this was the only picture I could find.
20200304_113447.jpg

Pigeons can each have their own personality. Some are more friendly than others. This one most-likely was fed by people all the time. I remember a park area where older folks would sit around, and talk and just chill, They used to bring the pigeons seed to feed. The pigeons would swarm around them very close by. The pigeons were used to people. Chicago put an end to such activity. Punishment is severe, but short of a gulag. Well, they confi$cate all your ca$h in fine$.:hit
This pigeon you posted was likely from a wild flock like that. Let me tag some peeps @biophiliac , @backyard pigeons , @Liz Birdlover that may be able to identify this one better than I can.
Are you considering getting some pet pigeons for yourself:love. They are very enjoyable to raise, and keep. There are also may different breeds to choose from. All depends on your likes, and desires.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and,:welcome

what kind of uhh how do you say this, what kind of breed or color variety was this pigeon? I would love to know!
it is a mix breed, simply a mutt wild pigeon. :) but its very pretty. It is a black check with bronzing. Bronzing is a vague term for a more complex 'pattern' that is not a gene. Therefore, it cannot be intensified. Although, that is the most intense bronzing I've seen, so it could be a whole different gene.
2: why was he so chill? He wasnt chill to the point were I could pick him up but he was chill enough to not fly away when a group of kids were near him, he would sometimes get a little too close for comfort.
sorry if I couldn't get a whole body picture but this was the only picture I could find.
because he loves people food! Did you give him snacks ever? If so, that's why he wasn't scared. If not, he thought you might.

Back
Top Bottom