Questions About Geese... & a small discussion about fish

I think maybe female? Guppies are not my forte, lol! :p

I would get an aquarium heater then, and go for 78F - that's in the good range for both bettas and guppies :)

Any chance you could pick up one of those cheap critter keeper cages for a temporary home? The Large size is three gallons, I think, which would be at least above the 2.5 gallon minimum.
I can pick one up tomorrow. Good idea. :) I’ve been trying to find a heater but all I can find in stores here is a 5 gallon heater and a 50 gallon heater. Two 5 gallon heaters might do the trick but I’ll try to order a 10 gallon tank heater.

@HuffleClaw - you are going to love geese. They are my second favorite bird. @Pyxis nailed it about your betta - they prefer warmer temperatures and become torpid at lower temps. Temperature manipulation is very effective in causing spawning behavior.
I think I’ll enjoy having geese, too. Thank you, and yes I think she nailed it as well.

Another question... can the water be too deep? I don’t want him to drown in the 10 gallon after quarantine is finally over. I know Bettas need to go up to the top and gulp air...

ETA: I’m sure he’ll be okay. If you can’t tell, I’m paranoid. I lost my last Betta to unknown causes and don’t want anything to be wrong on my end. I just want my fish to be healthy and happy. :th

Last edited:
I sure hope so! Thank you for all of your help :highfive:

No problem, happy to help!

Another question... can the water be too deep? I don’t want him to drown in the 10 gallon after quarantine is finally over. I know Bettas need to go up to the top and gulp air...

They actually don't need to breathe air :) They have adapted to be able to if they need to, since in the wild they can be living in pretty deoxygenated water, but as long as the water is well oxygenated, they can breathe through just their gills without needing to surface.

No problem, happy to help!

They actually don't need to breathe air :) They have adapted to be able to if they need to, since in the wild they can be living in pretty deoxygenated water, but as long as the water is well oxygenated, they can breathe through just their gills without needing to surface.
Thank you so much! Someone else on here suggested that my last Betta may have drowned, so I wasn’t sure. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom