Questions About Geese... & a small discussion about fish

Aw, thanks :hugs

And hey, if you decide you want Tufted Romans, let me know! It'll be laying season here in a few months, and I ship eggs and goslings. I'm NPIP certified, of course :)
Oh my... really?! I’m interested for sure. Whenever they are laying and available let me know. How many eggs do you ship at a time, usually? And do you accept payment via PayPal?

I’m so sorry for all my questions. :oops:

You’re so sweet. :hugs I really appreciate all of your help.

Last edited:
Oh my... really?! I’m interested for sure. Whenever they are laying and available let me know. How many eggs do you ship at a time, usually?

I’m so sorry for all my questions. :oops:

You’re so sweet. :hugs I really appreciate all of your help.

So, I sell eggs individually, and let people decide how many they want to order to try to get however many goslings they want. Usually it ends up being four or six eggs because people are shooting for at least two or three geese. I can usually do more than that in an order though if needed, because I have four breeding females. I usually split the flock into two breeding groups; I haven't decided if I want to do that this year or not.

Don't apologize for questions! I never mind answering :)

Okay... one last question-set for you Pyxis. :lol:

1 - Do you sex goslings? (Totally fine if not I’m just curious)
2 - What is the cost per gosling?

I swear everytime I think I’ve got it all answered I come up with something else to ask. Sorry! :lol: :hugs I appreciate your patience.

:weeI'm so happy you've decided to be a mother goose!! :ya You won't regret it!
If you can handle ducks, geese are a breeze! A lot of the same needs as far as shelter, water, and food go!
Mixed flock of males and females works well of you're wanting goslings or just a "protector " for your girls. I use that term very loosely though. All girls, and I believe even a bachelor flock has been said to work. If you hatch I guess it will just be luck of the draw!

@oldhenlikesdogs is going to be adding to her goose flock as well in the Spring! :ya

I’ve also been looking at Toulouse Geese. Another beautiful goose breed I’d love to have. Maybe I’ll just try them all :gig I’m kidding of course but they’re all so beautiful. The only breed I’ve seen so far that doesn’t appeal to me are Sebastopols. Pretty but I’m not sure I can manage their feathers. :th

:weeI'm so happy you've decided to be a mother goose!! :ya You won't regret it!
If you can handle ducks, geese are a breeze! A lot of the same needs as far as shelter, water, and food go!
Mixed flock of males and females works well of you're wanting goslings or just a "protector " for your girls. I use that term very loosely though. All girls, and I believe even a bachelor flock has been said to work. If you hatch I guess it will just be luck of the draw!

@oldhenlikesdogs is going to be adding to her goose flock as well in the Spring! :ya
Hi! Thank you for the words of encouragement. :D I loooove ducks and so I’m sure I’ll enjoy geese too. I love trying new things. :lol:

Okay... one last question-set for you Pyxis. :lol:

1 - Do you sex goslings? (Totally fine if not I’m just curious)
2 - What is the cost per gosling?

I swear everytime I think I’ve got it all answered I come up with something else to ask. Sorry! :lol: :hugs I appreciate your patience.

1. Yes :)

2. $20 each straight run, or $50 for a sexed pair, and $80 for a sexed trio. I can't sell females separately from males or I'd end up swimming in ganders, lol, so I only sell sexed goslings in pairs or trios.

1. Yes :)

2. $20 each straight run, or $50 for a sexed pair, and $80 for a sexed trio. I can't sell females separately from males or I'd end up swimming in ganders, lol, so I only sell sexed goslings in pairs or trios.
That’s not bad at all! Like I’m shocked! :ya I’ll probably get a trio. Totally understand about the swimming in ganders otherwise. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom