Questions. Help please

Pics
Aw, good luck! So he's good now? So happy! He hadn't been as hungry lately, is that ok? Will he get his appetite back now?

No guarantees. But his behavior seems fine, so outlook is good. Keep an eye on his poop as you've been doing. Now that we know he's cleaned out, if he has watery white poop, instead of solid, we may need to put our heads together and figure out why.

Well, he won't eat his food and his crop has been empty all day. I put electrolytes in his water. Any tips on how to help him get his appetite back? Is this normal after the flush? Also, how do I check the milk date on his flockraiser feed? I can't find it.

His poops are tiny and cream colored. I think that's from not eating? Help please. @azygous

The white-ish poops are mostly urates. You're right. He's not eaten any real food, only drunk water. Give him some soft boiled egg, warm and freshly cooked. He should find that appealing.

I always start a recovering patient out with the cooked egg or crumbled tofu. Try a little Nutri-drench on it. I keep several jars of strained baby foods on hand and that often appeals to a recovering appetite. And chicken soup. I've had the sickest chicken go for chicken soup. (I just don't make a big deal out of what they're eating.)

Chicken soup as in like chicken stock or something? Thank you. I will get him the egg tomorrow. I will also be going to town to get the mirror grit and new feed. Anything else I should get? Thank you so much

Also, can I just get the regular bagged poultry grit for him? Can I give him freeze dried mealworms? He used to like a handful of those, but I know they're herbivores.

I wrongly assumed geese would eat fish. Yours might eat a few morsels, but I would stick to veggies and skip the chicken soup.

Why don't you pick him up some parsley? I bet that would be a hit. Tofu you might try. It's fermented bean curd. Easy to digest.

Yes, get the adult chicken granite grit. It should be adequate. You might try moistening his feed. He might like that better than dry.

Back
Top Bottom