Questions. Help please

Pics
Thank you. He's totally normal other than the poops :confused:

I'm basing my hunch that he has a clogged gizzard on your mentioning he had been without grit for an extended period. The appearance of his scant poop and that it looks like he isn't processing his food very well is based on the green bile in the poop.

He's a large bird, and he probably needs more than just a fourth of a cup of molasses flush, probably double that, in order to do any good.

This may not solve his problem, but it won't harm him to do it. As I said before, I wouldn't hesitate if he were mine.

He does drink water also. He really likes his green bucket and he drinks everyday. So I don't know how he could be dehydrated :confused: I'm open to any suggestions though. He acts normal other than he was frequently laying down. But today it was almost 50 degrees and he played in a puddle and preened and walked around since 8 am. He just now layed down and is preening.
Yeah he is normal other than the poops. He actually just had a bigger poop. I'll post a pic. He isn't able to free range except for on the weekends. He's just in his coop during the day. I get him out for 5 minutes or so in the mirnung, and then about half an hour in the late afternoon/evening. He eats and drinks normally and his coop is plenty big.

Attachments

• 20200222_173928_HDR.jpg
    20200222_173928_HDR.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 3
I got almost all of the double molasses batch into him tonight. He hates it, but it hopefully will help him. Is there anything else I can do? He doesn't act sick at all. He was laying around because he has some frostbite on his feet which was figured out on page 4 and 5. Since his foot bath yesterday he seems much better. He didn't drink any of the epsom salt water. I put honey on his spots and he's been very active today. He took a bath in his pool, preened a ton, played in a puddle and ate some grit, walked around and nibbled the snow and played with the grass under it, and he followed us around while we worked outside. Then he layed down by the chickens around 5. I just gave him the molasses flush and put him to bed.

Great. The objective is to get this resolved before he starts acting sick, because if he has an impaction in his gizzard, he would eventually become very sick. A bird cannot survive with a gizzard that isn't functioning.

Hopefully, by morning we will know if he had an impacted gizzard because he will poop out some pretty weird stuff if he does.

Good job! You're becoming quite the goose doc.

Thats great, thank you. Maybe this will fix everything. I just hope he is all better before we leave in a couple weeks. ;)

Ok. So he only pooped 5-6 times overnight. Here are his poops. He had 3 runny ones. He seems happy and active this morning. Do geese poop at night? If so, how many usually? Just wondered.

Attachments

• image000000_02.jpg
    image000000_02.jpg
    659.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20200223_085244.jpg
    20200223_085244.jpg
    710.4 KB · Views: 3
  • image000003.jpg
    image000003.jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom