Questions on hatching Calls

So I locked them down about 1PM today. At 1015pm one is wobbling away. So exciting. I think I may have lost the on that looked internally pipped yesterday. There was no movement when I locked them all down, But I added a micro pin hole and am hoping he is just resting up. Temp is around 99, depending on the placement in the incubator, and humidity is around 50%. No the waiting game.

Humidity during initial lockdown should be around 65%. I hope you get this before you go to bed so you can bring it up.

[/IMG]I have 4 that have externally pipped, and two are working around. Is it normal for them to go so slow? The first started this morning.
There are several tiny cracks in two areas. Does that mean they probably are fine on oxygen?

Last edited:

If they have a smaller air pocket, should I worry? This one has been at it since early this morning.

Last edited:
[/URL]I have 4 that have externally pipped, and two are working around. Is it normal for them to go so slow? The first started this morning.
There are several tiny cracks in two areas. Does that mean they probably are fine on oxygen?
If they've externally pipped, oxygen isn't a problem because they're already getting it. What day are they on today? Is it 26? Just the fact that they were able to externally pip and start zipping on their own is a good sign.

If that first one hasn't made any progress tomorrow morning, should I help? It would be 24 hours.

I can't check the rest to see if they pipped internally. Don't want to open the incubator, so hoping for yhe best. Though some of the air pockets were rather small, not sure how that will effect them.

If that first one hasn't made any progress tomorrow morning, should I help? It would be 24 hours.

I can't check the rest to see if they pipped internally. Don't want to open the incubator, so hoping for yhe best. Though some of the air pockets were rather small, not sure how that will effect them.

You want to let them have that day unless they look like they're in trouble. Not all of them hatch on day 26. The air cells being small is a little concerning for the ones that haven't externally pipped. I'm really hoping you'll see significant progress by the time you get up tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom