Quick and Easy Question

Prophecyx1

Songster
7 Years
Jan 17, 2016
Georgia
Ive started incubating 20 eggs. I havnt done this in about 4 years, but I'm back from the military and getting back to the farm life lol. I got curious and candled an egg on the 2nd day (today) I noticed that when I rotated the egg to the opposite side, the yolk stayed where it was on the other side, is this normal? My temp is around 100 and humidity is about 48%. I turn them 3 times a day, 9am, 4pm, and 10pm. Large end, with air cell facing up.

Last edited:
Ive started incubating 20 eggs. I havnt done this in about 4 years, but I'm back from the military and getting back to the farm life lol. I got curious and candled an egg on the 2nd day (today) I noticed that when I rotated the egg to the opposite side, the yolk stayed where it was on the other side, is this normal? My temp is around 100 and humidity is about 48%. I turn them 3 times a day, 9am, 4pm, and 10pm. Large end, with air cell facing up.
Hi! Thank you for your service. Are you incubating them upright? The yolk should turn when you turn the eggs. Maybe try turning the eggs five times each day for a few days instead, and see if that makes any difference.

What do you mean by upright? I have them at a 45 degree angle with the aircell up. Or should I have them on their sides?

Back
Top Bottom