Quick answer please! Oxymav B how much per kg weight to give?

Bluebellhoney

Chirping
Oct 12, 2020
Hi,
My rooster has had swollen eyes (no other symptoms) for a couple of weeks now. I had been treating Ringworm on his comb (and maybe down to his eye), then tried terramycin with no effect.
The oxymav B arrived this morning - I am taking him to the vet but can’t get there until Friday, they won’t give me advice on this over the phone. Poor boy has been living with this for too long and i think is starting to look unwell now (although still eating and drinking etc), I want to start him on it now!
It says 5mg in 50ml in the drinking water will treat 2 large parrots, Sev my rooster weighs about 3 kg, so I think I need to give him 10mg a day. However I read somewhere that 10mg/kg is what chickens need, but I can’t find any other information to back this up, does anyone know the correct dose/kg for chickens?
Thanks!

My rooster has had swollen eyes (no other symptoms) for a couple of weeks now. I had been treating Ringworm on his comb (and maybe down to his eye), then tried terramycin with no effect.
Do you have photos?

Ring worm is a fungal infection.. is it not? Sorry for not answering your question.. and also that your boy is under the weather. :(

This link has most possible thing that can wrong with chickens..
Avian Disease Manual 7th Edition

Are his eyes swollen closed, red, watery.. can he see okay? Any cloudiness or change to the pupils..

How old is he? What is fed on a regular basis including treats and supplements?

What did you treat ringworm on his comb with? Do you have any other chickens?

Using kg & ml.. not so common in the US.. Adding your general location to your profile may help folks make their best suggestion possible at a glance.

I would off a human B complex (if you have it) mixed onto a snack.. like scrambled egg, in the short term.. :fl

Hi, I do have photos I’ll add them

yes ringworm is a fungal infection, I treated with terbinafine cream which is what the vet suggested- human stuff for athletes foot.

He is about a year old, I have other chickens too (no other roosters) but he has been separated since he got ringworm. They are fed on layers mash and some fresh veg, and a few table scraps. Scrambled egg, crushed cooked eggshells, mealworms, sunflower seeds, Cottage cheese, pasta is a favourite (but I don’t give it too often)! are wormed regularly and dusted with pestene, vitamins in water once a week, also have diatomaceous earth and grit. They are free range.

I’m in NSW Australia, but from england originally I’ll try to add it to my profile.
I’ll give him some scrambled egg with the vit now, thanks

Here he is

Attachments

• 61BF30F5-D324-49D9-AFB9-35BF4423A37C.jpeg
    61BF30F5-D324-49D9-AFB9-35BF4423A37C.jpeg
    662.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 8EA552BC-CCBF-4BAF-8F69-AEDE7A57CE27.jpeg
    8EA552BC-CCBF-4BAF-8F69-AEDE7A57CE27.jpeg
    538.2 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom