Quick question re: pale comb

You ain't just whistling Dixie!
Today it only got up to 89. But with the rain it felt worse than 100. When I was in Palm Desert, CA it would be 110+ everyday but it felt cooler than 85 here. I'll take a dry 110 over a 100% humidity 85° any day! It's so humid that if you are outside more than 30 mins, all of your clothes are sticking to you and soaking wet all the way down to your socks! :barnie
I spent a couple of weeks last summer in Vietnam. 105° and raining. I thought I was gonna DIE. Who'd have thought Alabama has a similar climate?

I'm thinking it's heat related because the temps are in the upper 70s now and no one is panting. Her color is a lil better, too. I will add electrolytes tomorrow, but I'll still do the worm test. Might as well to err on the side of caution.

Not the best pic (crappy phone), but you can see my BPR in the background for comparison.
View attachment 1842632
Bootiful hen!

Update and new question: Poppy is broody again. Can a pale comb indicate broodiness? Can the paleness precede broodiness?

I should get her fecal test results today, but I'm not sure I can/should deworm her now if she has a worm load until I can break her.

Back
Top Bottom