Quiet Roosters?

The Serama has a crow that's 1/3 to 1/5 the volume of the average rooster; if that helps any. -or did you want a large foul roo; if that's the case, I'm stumped. Also, Seramas can be housed indoors quite easily. They can also be, if you have the time, trained not to crow. Just every time they do, give him some sort of punishment. You'd have to be there to punish him EVERY time he crows for the first few days. Hope that helps. (I heard that tip from a friend. Don't hold me to it. Just a tip I thought might be worth your time to try.)
By the way, the person I got the tip from had Seramas.

I've had three Serama roos, out of the three only one of them was quiet. The other two can break your eardrums with the high pitched screeching crow.
lol.png

believe it or not, my quietest rooster is a large shamo malay... hardly ever crows, and when it does, it's a low pitch song... also, i have an OEGB that crows like he has a sour throat... so it's more of a screech than a crow... also my giant cochin rooster has a great crow that doesn't carry well... sounds like a guy saying ERR ERR ERRR instead of a chicken's crow...

then, my smallest OEGB is my loudest crowing roo... i can hear him inside my house... crazy right... my smallest roo is the loudest, and my biggest roo is the quietest...

Back
Top Bottom