R-Com King Suro>>>>> IS IT OR ISN'T IT?

Chosen Chickens

Songster
9 Years
10 Years
Jan 24, 2010
Northern Utah
Okay, I just bought the R-Com King Suro, and I have one question for those that have these... it claims to control humidity, you set it to what level you want, and then it maintains it there right? Okay so my question is... if it controls humidity on its own, then why do I have to use a little screwdriver to adjust how often the little pump works? Isn't that the whole point of it controlling itself is that ir will increase it if the humidity is low and slow down if it is high? Why do I then need to do any adjusting of it?

So everyone that is my quesion, is it humidity controlled all by itself, or not?

I have a suro and I did not do any adjustments with the screwdriver...Mine has kept the humidity at the desired setting all on its own...

~Laura

to be honest we ran ours for the first time last night to set our eggs today and it was perfect this am, and then we put the eggs in and the humidity was crazy high. We changed the pump to the lowest setting, reset everything and now seem fine...it's really hard cuz the instructions are so bad.

You only use the screw driver if you need to increase the speed of the pump not the humidity level. That is changed with the digital settings.

Matt

Last edited:
I had 100% hatch with my suro and now have 11 Ringneck pheasants in now for 2 round and all is going good. Never used the adjustment where you use the screwdriver. Set it at the digital part and up it during lockdown.

Quote:
See, that is my whole question... what is the point of increasing the pump, since that is what controls how much water goes through it seems like that is what controls the humidity am I wrong? Like to increase humidity does it increase the pump on its own?

Also, is your pad where it drips into really wet on yours? mine is barely wet

Increasing speed of the pump only increases how fast the water pumps in, not how much. The system would run the pump less if the speed is increased.

My sponge stayed really wet the first run, but it was really dry here. I also was refilling the water bottle every 3 days. This time it has been humid and I have refilled the bottle ONCE in 2 weeks. The pump, of course, is running alot less with the humid air this month.

The best instructions are on the website, best if you have a highspeed connection.
http://www.r-com.co.kr/
select english
on the right - find the menu and select "Resource Room II"
Videos 1-10 are the king suro. I found this alot more helpful then the printed instructions.

Matt

Go to this site and it will help you out a lot on the adjustments. Go to far right in little green box where it says New, Q&A and select Resource room I, II, and III. All are short videos to help essemble and use the adjustments. Hope this helps. http://www.r-com.co.kr/

Back
Top Bottom