R.I.P Perri, always remembered, never forgotten.

Pics
Feb 28, 2020
Australia, QLD
It was around 6:15 am in the morning that I heard the commotion. I heard panicked squawks from the chickens outside my window. I thought the flock of 9 was just being annoyed by plovers...but when I looked out my window...a fox was chasing them around. I gasped and ran to the laundry door in my pyjamas and saw...the fox running off... Perri in mouth. I screamed Perri's name. The fox looked at me then kept running. No way...my favourite chicken...this can't be real. I ran to wake my dad up. I choked in tears as I told him what happened. Now we have a flock of 8. They are locked up in the run now...safe. I can't believe it. I am staying home today...grieving about what happened. I have collected some feathers of hers...drained one of her last eggs. I am absolutely devastated. I live in Aus, and I have no gun on me. I would like to get someone out to 'take care' of the fox but that is not right. Its spring and its breeding season for animals. The fox probably has a family. I am really sad at the moment. I wish this never happened. Perri was an araucana so she couldn't see properly...the poor thing. She was my favourite...we raised her from a chick. My sister let them out this morning and thinks it's her fault - which it isn't. I will remember my girl forever...she was so sweet..a little bit silly too...rest in peace Perri, till I see you again... your owner Laura:hit😘
IMG_1198.jpeg
thumbnail_3F12629F-C111-416A-8FB8-095F92B104DF.jpg

It was around 6:15 am in the morning that I heard the commotion. I heard panicked squawks from the chickens outside my window. I thought the flock of 9 was just being annoyed by plovers...but when I looked out my window...a fox was chasing them around. I gasped and ran to the laundry door in my pyjamas and saw...the fox running off... Perri in mouth. I screamed Perri's name. The fox looked at me then kept running. No way...my favourite chicken...this can't be real. I ran to wake my dad up. I choked in tears as I told him what happened. Now we have a flock of 8. They are locked up in the run now...safe. I can't believe it. I am staying home today...grieving about what happened. I have collected some feathers of hers...drained one of her last eggs. I am absolutely devastated. I live in Aus, and I have no gun on me. I would like to get someone out to 'take care' of the fox but that is not right. Its spring and its breeding season for animals. The fox probably has a family. I am really sad at the moment. I wish this never happened. Perri was an araucana so she couldn't see properly...the poor thing. She was my favourite...we raised her from a chick. My sister let them out this morning and thinks it's her fault - which it isn't. I will remember my girl forever...she was so sweet..a little bit silly too...rest in peace Perri, till I see you again... your owner Laura:hit😘View attachment 2374660View attachment 2374661
Here is a shoulder to cry on, I'm so so sorry. :hugs
I may not have known her, but I'm sure she was a wonderful chicken, may she rest in peace...

Thank you so much...Perri didn't deserve this type of death.:hugs
You're welcome. No, she didn't. I'm so so sorry. I've lost birds before too. Several times to predators. It really hurts.
Do you have a roo? You could maybe try hatching one of her eggs if you do. I've done that before. It does help.
That's good that you blew an egg out to keep. Keeping feathers/eggs/babies from lost birds eases the pain.
I feel ya. I'm sorry. :hugs

It was around 6:15 am in the morning that I heard the commotion. I heard panicked squawks from the chickens outside my window. I thought the flock of 9 was just being annoyed by plovers...but when I looked out my window...a fox was chasing them around. I gasped and ran to the laundry door in my pyjamas and saw...the fox running off... Perri in mouth. I screamed Perri's name. The fox looked at me then kept running. No way...my favourite chicken...this can't be real. I ran to wake my dad up. I choked in tears as I told him what happened. Now we have a flock of 8. They are locked up in the run now...safe. I can't believe it. I am staying home today...grieving about what happened. I have collected some feathers of hers...drained one of her last eggs. I am absolutely devastated. I live in Aus, and I have no gun on me. I would like to get someone out to 'take care' of the fox but that is not right. Its spring and its breeding season for animals. The fox probably has a family. I am really sad at the moment. I wish this never happened. Perri was an araucana so she couldn't see properly...the poor thing. She was my favourite...we raised her from a chick. My sister let them out this morning and thinks it's her fault - which it isn't. I will remember my girl forever...she was so sweet..a little bit silly too...rest in peace Perri, till I see you again... your owner Laura:hit😘View attachment 2374660View attachment 2374661
I am so sorry for your loss. 😥😥😥

Attachments

• 20201014_180230.jpg
    20201014_180230.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom