R.I.P Perri, always remembered, never forgotten.

Pics
Here everyone is a funny pic of Perri, brings back good memories
thumbnail_20191020_131758.jpg

It was around 6:15 am in the morning that I heard the commotion. I heard panicked squawks from the chickens outside my window. I thought the flock of 9 was just being annoyed by plovers...but when I looked out my window...a fox was chasing them around. I gasped and ran to the laundry door in my pyjamas and saw...the fox running off... Perri in mouth. I screamed Perri's name. The fox looked at me then kept running. No way...my favourite chicken...this can't be real. I ran to wake my dad up. I choked in tears as I told him what happened. Now we have a flock of 8. They are locked up in the run now...safe. I can't believe it. I am staying home today...grieving about what happened. I have collected some feathers of hers...drained one of her last eggs. I am absolutely devastated. I live in Aus, and I have no gun on me. I would like to get someone out to 'take care' of the fox but that is not right. Its spring and its breeding season for animals. The fox probably has a family. I am really sad at the moment. I wish this never happened. Perri was an araucana so she couldn't see properly...the poor thing. She was my favourite...we raised her from a chick. My sister let them out this morning and thinks it's her fault - which it isn't. I will remember my girl forever...she was so sweet..a little bit silly too...rest in peace Perri, till I see you again... your owner Laura:hit😘View attachment 2374660View attachment 2374661
I am so so sorry Laura.

Thank u for your concern :hugs
If it makes you feel any better I went through the same thing last year, fox got 12 of my chickens (I didn’t witness it but I found my rooster half dead) and I was devastated. But it does get better, my heart still aches when I see a picture of them but over time you attach to a different pet and whilst it still is painful it’s not as bad and you are left with just the happy memories

It was around 6:15 am in the morning that I heard the commotion. I heard panicked squawks from the chickens outside my window. I thought the flock of 9 was just being annoyed by plovers...but when I looked out my window...a fox was chasing them around. I gasped and ran to the laundry door in my pyjamas and saw...the fox running off... Perri in mouth. I screamed Perri's name. The fox looked at me then kept running. No way...my favourite chicken...this can't be real. I ran to wake my dad up. I choked in tears as I told him what happened. Now we have a flock of 8. They are locked up in the run now...safe. I can't believe it. I am staying home today...grieving about what happened. I have collected some feathers of hers...drained one of her last eggs. I am absolutely devastated. I live in Aus, and I have no gun on me. I would like to get someone out to 'take care' of the fox but that is not right. Its spring and its breeding season for animals. The fox probably has a family. I am really sad at the moment. I wish this never happened. Perri was an araucana so she couldn't see properly...the poor thing. She was my favourite...we raised her from a chick. My sister let them out this morning and thinks it's her fault - which it isn't. I will remember my girl forever...she was so sweet..a little bit silly too...rest in peace Perri, till I see you again... your owner Laura:hit😘View attachment 2374660View attachment 2374661
I'm so sorry for your loss! :hugs
She was beautiful...
I'm sure she'll be very happy where she is.

Oh I’m sooo sorry about your hen! She was a beautiful girl!

Back
Top Bottom