R.I.P Perri, always remembered, never forgotten.

Today, my dad and I are going into the bush out the back with our tracking dog (Maya) to see if there is a fox den...or the remains of my poor Perri:hit
Oh boy, good luck.
We have had two of our roosters go missing and never return, one completely disappeared from his pen, all that was left were feathers, and the other one, he went missing and all we found were three stacked piles of his feathers.

Hi everyone. Yesterday me, my little sister and my dad went out the back in the bush to find the fox. We took Maya, her breed is a Hungarian Vizsla. Vizsla's are hunting and tracking dogs. We went down to where I last saw the fox run away. There was a few feathers. We walked along, Maya was sniffing the ground, so grateful for her. "Another feather"... "Here's one" "Hey, this is Perri's too"...we found, like, a trail of them. A few times the trail went cold but Maya guided us through, and we found feathers again. The first time Maya went crazy was when we found a big pile of Perri's feathers, and a bit of wing. This was obviously where the fox had...teared her up just a bit. It was like the fox dragged her another half a meter then one more. We kept on. Our neighbour walked down the boundary fence a bit (obviously thinking what on earth are these people doing) and we said g'day. Talked to him about what happened. Then we nearly decided we were going to walk back when "(insert my dads name)! There is a hole here" Said my neighbour. We ran up (Maya went spaz) and there it was. A den entrance...one of them..about another meter up was the main entrance. "Thanks mate" We thanked our neighbour. Then den was found! We looked down, there was a big tunnel. Maya couldn't fit ;-;. We have decided that we will get a fox hunter out and take it away the most humane way possible. That's the story. We were so happy for Maya, she was so good and followed the trail and didn't get distracted since she was off lead. Thanks Maya! We jumped in the pool (including Maya ;)) after. Justice for Perri will be served! :D

Hi everyone. Yesterday me, my little sister and my dad went out the back in the bush to find the fox. We took Maya, her breed is a Hungarian Vizsla. Vizsla's are hunting and tracking dogs. We went down to where I last saw the fox run away. There was a few feathers. We walked along, Maya was sniffing the ground, so grateful for her. "Another feather"... "Here's one" "Hey, this is Perri's too"...we found, like, a trail of them. A few times the trail went cold but Maya guided us through, and we found feathers again. The first time Maya went crazy was when we found a big pile of Perri's feathers, and a bit of wing. This was obviously where the fox had...teared her up just a bit. It was like the fox dragged her another half a meter then one more. We kept on. Our neighbour walked down the boundary fence a bit (obviously thinking what on earth are these people doing) and we said g'day. Talked to him about what happened. Then we nearly decided we were going to walk back when "(insert my dads name)! There is a hole here" Said my neighbour. We ran up (Maya went spaz) and there it was. A den entrance...one of them..about another meter up was the main entrance. "Thanks mate" We thanked our neighbour. Then den was found! We looked down, there was a big tunnel. Maya couldn't fit ;-;. We have decided that we will get a fox hunter out and take it away the most humane way possible. That's the story. We were so happy for Maya, she was so good and followed the trail and didn't get distracted since she was off lead. Thanks Maya! We jumped in the pool (including Maya ;)) after. Justice for Perri will be served! :D
So glad that is put to rest, do you feel a little better?

Back
Top Bottom