rabbit hutch (chicken coop)

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by HappyFarmLady, Jun 12, 2011.

1. HappyFarmLady

HappyFarmLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    NE Kansas
    Ok, so I'm a newbie to the chicken world. Had my hubby buil:droold me a 10 x 12 coop with an 8 x 12 enclosed run that cost wayyyyy too much $$. Already I am running out of room and trying to think of ways to get more chickens. Have been looking at chicken tractors but was afraid to ask for it so soon.

Tonight I came home from work to find hubby building a rabbit hutch that looks just lke the tractor I had in mind. [​IMG] My 3 kids each have a bunny but I'm really thinking I need to claim this hutch/coop!!! I really shouldn't wish harm on the bunnies, right??

2. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Lol...yes, it's hard for some of us to stop...I FINALLY might have some control after a year and a half of buying birds.What I mean is we now have a "goal" for our flocks...
    How many do you want to get? Have you got another place to put the rabbits? If it were me...I'd try to find another spot for them so I could add more chickens [​IMG]
    Sorry...not helping,am I? [​IMG]

3. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    I'm not going to be any help either...I just wanted to say Welcome to the Madness! [​IMG]

Dawn

4. Betsy57

Betsy57 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Murphysboro IL USA
    Ha! I turned into a 48 year old chicken lady last Sept. 10. I love your posts! Chickens are addicting! I have new chickies, 4 weeks old, and I am sitting out there in the coop feeding them treats (cheese, raw ground beef) talking to them, catching them to try to tame them, etc. My gosh! I'm a chicken lady! OMG! [​IMG] I love this forum!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  5. HappyFarmLady

HappyFarmLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    NE Kansas
    [​IMG]

6. ThinkingChickens

ThinkingChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2011
    Kick the rabbit to the curb! Hubby and I purchased an Eglu Go. Then we thought, let's build the girls a bigger WIR. Then I went to the feed store and came home with three more girls, ordered a second Elgu Go and now we've expanded the plans for the run. Yep, no help here!

7. coffeenutdesign

coffeenutdesign Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2012
    Texas
    Eat the rabbits, tell the kids it's chicken, and claim the hutch for baby chicks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by