rabbit hutch (chicken coop)

HappyFarmLady

Chirping
8 Years
Feb 13, 2011
NE Kansas
Ok, so I'm a newbie to the chicken world. Had my hubby buil:droold me a 10 x 12 coop with an 8 x 12 enclosed run that cost wayyyyy too much $$. Already I am running out of room and trying to think of ways to get more chickens. Have been looking at chicken tractors but was afraid to ask for it so soon.

Tonight I came home from work to find hubby building a rabbit hutch that looks just lke the tractor I had in mind.
droolin.gif
My 3 kids each have a bunny but I'm really thinking I need to claim this hutch/coop!!! I really shouldn't wish harm on the bunnies, right??

Lol...yes, it's hard for some of us to stop...I FINALLY might have some control after a year and a half of buying birds.What I mean is we now have a "goal" for our flocks...
How many do you want to get? Have you got another place to put the rabbits? If it were me...I'd try to find another spot for them so I could add more chickens
big_smile.png

Sorry...not helping,am I?
tongue.png

Ha! I turned into a 48 year old chicken lady last Sept. 10. I love your posts! Chickens are addicting! I have new chickies, 4 weeks old, and I am sitting out there in the coop feeding them treats (cheese, raw ground beef) talking to them, catching them to try to tame them, etc. My gosh! I'm a chicken lady! OMG!
tongue.png
I love this forum!

Last edited:
Kick the rabbit to the curb! Hubby and I purchased an Eglu Go. Then we thought, let's build the girls a bigger WIR. Then I went to the feed store and came home with three more girls, ordered a second Elgu Go and now we've expanded the plans for the run. Yep, no help here!

Back
Top Bottom