Rabbit people!!! Info needed!! Please!!!! *UPDATED*

I did think earlier and forgot to say something, I have always been told/read to not give rabbits lettuce as it can give them diarrhea.
If they are eating hay, it is probably better than pellets at this point too because it will help move things along in their GI tract.

Of course, you have everyone with rabbits weighing in here. I am sure that can be a little frustrating too.

I don't know about the rest of you, but when I was close to having my kids, I just wanted to lay anywhere that my belly could rest on its own as much as possible. My does always lay with their "bellies hanging out", if you will, the last few days of gestation. If you have a belly full 'o babies, it feels like you ate a watermelon, and with multiple watermelons, it must feel even worse!
lol.png

But let's go back to the part about having two does with the exact same problems? How many has that ever happened to anyone with rabbits? At the exact same time? It sounds like the poops are normal and they are not under duress, I still stand by saying, stand by and let Mother Nature take its course.

One more thing, I think I was wrong on the color of the broken. I looked at them again and it looks more like a Tri-colored doe, probably the spots are tort and black?

ditto

I did think earlier and forgot to say something, I have always been told/read to not give rabbits lettuce as it can give them diarrhea.
If they are eating hay, it is probably better than pellets at this point too because it will help move things along in their GI tract.

Of course, you have everyone with rabbits weighing in here. I am sure that can be a little frustrating too.

I don't know about the rest of you, but when I was close to having my kids, I just wanted to lay anywhere that my belly could rest on its own as much as possible. My does always lay with their "bellies hanging out", if you will, the last few days of gestation. If you have a belly full 'o babies, it feels like you ate a watermelon, and with multiple watermelons, it must feel even worse!
lol.png

But let's go back to the part about having two does with the exact same problems? How many has that ever happened to anyone with rabbits? At the exact same time? It sounds like the poops are normal and they are not under duress, I still stand by saying, stand by and let Mother Nature take its course.

One more thing, I think I was wrong on the color of the broken. I looked at them again and it looks more like a Tri-colored doe, probably the spots are tort and black?

lol.png

x10

Nothing! We checked them again last night and can still see jerking movements in their bellies! Tryed giving them warm baths and letting them run around the house for awhile and still nothing! I just don't get it!

Nothing! We checked them again last night and can still see jerking movements in their bellies! Tryed giving them warm baths and letting them run around the house for awhile and still nothing! I just don't get it!

Darn I am waiting for baby bunny pictures!!! I guess if you give it another week and still nothing they might not have gotten pregnant! Worst case scenario its a dead litter.

Even if they were stillborn, they should have kindled.
It is just odd to have both does being this far over their date. I really think you were off in their due date. Still, have patience. There isn't anything you can do but wait. I wouldn't have put them in water as rabbits are not meant to be bathed. It actually could be more stressful for them. The allowing them to hop around inside the house a little is good though. If they are moving around and otherwise look like they are okay, other than huge momma bellies, then just keep waiting and letting them have their space.

Even if they were stillborn, they should have kindled.
It is just odd to have both does being this far over their date. I really think you were off in their due date. Still, have patience. There isn't anything you can do but wait. I wouldn't have put them in water as rabbits are not meant to be bathed. It actually could be more stressful for them. The allowing them to hop around inside the house a little is good though. If they are moving around and otherwise look like they are okay, other than huge momma bellies, then just keep waiting and letting them have their space.

Maybe most rabbits hate water but not mine! When they get baths they pretty much fall asleep in my hand! They are actually at their calmest in the tub believe it or not!!!! My big momma actually did fall asleep last ight i think! I was rubbing her belly and she kept stretching out longer and longer! Then I noticed she had no wait to her! She was just floating on my hand! She is sweet a pie!

Back
Top Bottom