Rabbit raid?

Ok, have to point something out here. While the pictures are a bit disappointing for those of us who have either defended her or were at least reserving judgement because something didn't seem right, they are still being published via the media. We have no idea who took those pictures, when they were taken, and if they are in fact of her barn. If they are from her barn during the seizure, who released them? I find it highly doubtful that the media would have been able to take those pictures simply because they would have been in the way. If "they" are releasing evidence before her court appearance then they are violating her rights. These pictures if taken by authorities would be evidence and should be sealed until the court date. They're not looking for a suspect or a missing rabbit, there is no reason for them to release them.

If the pictures were taken by the house rabbit society, can you trust that they are legitimate?

I'm not defending, I'm just saying don't be quick to rush to judgement because it just seems strange. The whole situation seems highly questionable and I, for one, do not trust the media at face value.

Mom2Jedi,

if it were the media, I'd probably be taking it with a grain of salt, but the pictures were released by the sheriff's office along with the sworn affidavit and warrant. Because of the backlash against them, the office (which already had a twitter page) released them there via Flickr.

Someone had posted on another rabbit website an interview of Debbie in her barn, a video. It's the exact same barn. I think the video is on rabbit talk?

Quote:
THAT is the question that needs to be answered. I am really on the fence on this one, because I know of so many people supporting her. I have a problem with the media in general though.

I would like to know where the pics came from. The one that makes me question everything is that perfectly clean, groomed, healthy, show quality netherland dwarf in that horrid, squalid cage. That rabbit was not in that cage for long, not even 15 minutes or it's feet would be soiled.

Heck, we have clean cages and my white bunnies have yellow feet. That pic just makes me scratch my head.

I remember reading something too about how the cages are cleaned on the weekends and something about 4H maybe they help? But those cages are terrible and not just 5-7 days worth feces.

In my opinion, it doesn't matter if those rabbits are livestock or pets, they certainly do not deserve to live in that slop. Livestock or pets, they still feel pain and can suffer.....I just don't get any other mentality regarding it. So yeah, I'm glad they are out of there. If she wants to have animals, she should only have as many as she can humanely manage. Looks to me like that's a lot more than a weeks worth of poo in the cages and those mats didn't happen in a week either.

Quote:
Yep... she just another rabbit "mill" breeder... sickening.
No better than a puppy mill breeder,in fact she may be worse...

Ah I was wondering how long it took for the words "puppy mill" to come up. Here in Missouri when someone sees someone with more than one dog uh-oh they're a puppy mill. It's only a matter of time until the battle cry of "rabbit mill" echoes through the bootheel.

CYG

Yep... 200 neglected rabbits in filthy cages and shes selling them for money= Rabbit Mill.

Back
Top Bottom