Rabbit raid?

Admittedly, we need animal control. But in the past AC was only allowed to seize abandoned or sick animals who needed immediate help. Now, they go in and use the generic term "deplorable" conditions and seize every animal regardless of its current state of health. That is NOT what animal control was designed for.

If AC had only picked up the sick animals, Debe might have been able to afford the impound fees until she had her day in court. If AC thought the rest of the rabbits would get sick in that environment, and she failed to correct it, they could have requested custody at the hearing tomorrow.

It's a violation of our civil rights to seize animals that are not in exhibiting signs of ill health.

Last edited:
If there is a lady neglecting 1 of her 3 children, and cps only took 1 kid and left the other 2 with her.....it would be an outrage. And if anything happened to those 2 kids it would be cps that was also liable.

Same idea applies to animals.

Quote:
Punk-a-doodle - if you have to ask for clarification, it probably should not be mentioned. This is a perfect example of why and how phrasing is so important. You could just as easily say the breed was "originally bred for illegal activities." - but ONLY in the sense of describing where the breed is in terms of function CURRENTLY. OR, if someone is asking what it was originally bred for - same thing - you can say "illegal activities." Then, you must move on & not "chitty-chat" about it. Does that make sense?

Quote:
I completely agree. And this is the issue I (and a lot of other posters) are having a huge problem with. She was not given a chance to correct the situation. Most of the animals seized were healthy and not in immediate danger.

Quote:
While you bring up a valid point Nella, I disagree that the same idea applies to animals and here's why. All of us are human and therefore a certain level of care can be accepted as "normal". When you start comparing animals to this same standard that's where the line begins to blur a bit. There is a huge range of what's acceptable depending on what the animal is being used for and what species.

Also, CPS has to give someone a chance to rectify the situation.

As far as the cages are concerned, while a few were unacceptable it is not unreasonable to believe they could have gotten that way in a short amount of time. Rabbits poop a lot. Part of my outdoor hutch is solid floor (homemade and thought it was a good idea at the time) and the rest is wire. My male will poop over the wire so very little has to be scraped off the wood. My female however loves to make a pile. I'll scrape it in the morning and if for some reason I don't get out there till afternoon the next day to check food and water, the pile is surprisingly large after 36 hours. Now I realize that's not the same as being on a wire floor with a tray under it and it would take more poop to accumulate to the same level but I hope you see my point. If any of the rabbits were blowing their coat, it would not take long to clog the wire enough to prevent poop falling through. My male just did this, I couldn't believe how much fur came off such a small rabbit. For two weeks, his hutch looked like it had snowed inside because he's white. I brushed out his hutch every day and brushed him as well. Still tons of fur trying to clog the wire every day for those two weeks.

Quote:
It would be extremely unacceptable for CPS to:

Take all family members regardless of info in an anonymous for cash tip.

Take all persons in the vicinity, related or not, into custody.

Remove all family members if abuse is not readily apparent and in this case, there has been no
legitimate proof of any abuse of anything. Nine out of two hundred pics published proves nothing.

Refuse to allow the parent's attorney to visit the children.
Make conditions so extreme parents have to sign away parental rights before their hearing????

Oh, I think not Nella Bean. Do you have any idea what explosions would occur in this country if CPS behaved like an out of control animal control officer? LMAO.

And that is the problem you see, whenever anyone attempts to erroneously compare kids to kits. The comparison never fails to fail.
Mary

Quote:
And do you know where your comparison of kids to kits really becomes a total fail?

I have never known CPS to require any kid to be spayed or neutered before being placed for adoption.

If kids and kits are to be treated the same, why do you suppose that is Nella Bean?

Punk-a-doodle - if you have to ask for clarification, it probably should not be mentioned. This is a perfect example of why and how phrasing is so important. You could just as easily say the breed was "originally bred for illegal activities." - but ONLY in the sense of describing where the breed is in terms of function CURRENTLY. OR, if someone is asking what it was originally bred for - same thing - you can say "illegal activities." Then, you must move on & not "chitty-chat" about it. Does that make sense?

Sure does, thanks for clarifying.​

Quote:
No, it happens all the time because CPS is limited to only taking children in imminent danger. It's not unusual for them to take only the child who has been sexually abused from the home, or only the infant suffering from Failure to Thrive, etc.

And when CPS oversteps their limits, the government returns the children, just like they did with the FLDS boys in Texas who were determined not to be dependent/neglected because they were not in danger.

Back
Top Bottom