Raccoon Busted Stealing Feed

let's hope you catch him I had great success last night And caught a rat in my trap after what I put regarding my post finding a rat in.my feeder thought I would give it a bash and put trap out literally with in 10 mins of my secret bait i seen some movement and my hens and ducks were staring out the coop at trap I ran out and it was there
shouted hubby for disposal

Raccoon captured in foot trap. Yearling female so likely is actual sibling to male taken two days prior. Dogs dispatched quickly, thankfully before my son came out to see. He is not ready for that yet. We are raising him a bit soft and he does not need to see me encourage a young dog like that.

Chickens went crazy. Two hen with chicks were penned within 10 feet of where dogs got coon. Both hens clearly wanted in on the action. Other birds in barn I did not pay much attention to although some like not trying to run either. Edgar, rooster I am working with in yard around house is only adult male not properly confined. When I looked up from the dispatching, Edgar was running into the barn. One of the hens riled was Blanca and Edgar may have been able to pick her voice out of the crowd. Edgar was also in a pen he knows how to get in and out of on his own. He showing to be one of those really smart chickens.

We reduced local coon population by two young adults that would be entering breeding population this coming winter. Probably not a significant change, especially considering the density of the animals in the river bottoms just a couple miles away. Still very few penetrating perimeters and when they do only a small number needs to be dealt with. Perimeters will be checked to make so more repellent to new coons.

Note, three nights of visits with no chickens lost. They were going past many confined birds to get at feed.

Ah glad you caught the culprits
My new feeder has just arrived I shall put another trap out this evening to see if I can get another.

Lol@ the name Edgar what does he look like

As we were cleanong up my son said raccoon was alive. When I checked we had a second in live trap. Adult female. appeared to be lactating. Not feeling good about that. Dogs then starting chewing through trap to get at coon. It was dispatched. Coon. was a twenty pounder and no match for Lucy even when she is alone.

973936-483b04d4118853dbe583a0296d415c6e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom