RAISING AWARENESS!! Please, everybody, do this! It will change tiny lives.❤️

Do you think you will help pasty butt chicks in stores? 😊

• Can’t.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I voted no.
I agree there are so many places that don't know how or don't care to properly care for the chicks they sell.
In my area it's hands down TSCs.
Your idea is a "save them all one at a tiime" idea. I have a different view. I won't save them and I won't support them by buying any chicks from them.
It may sound harsh but if those chicks die that cuts their profits. If people walk away and don't buy any chicks that ends their profits. With no profits from it they just might quit selling chicks.
If I go in there and buy all the chicks others probably wouldn't that will help their profits and show them selling chicks makes money and even makes money with them giving minimal care.
That's not the message I want to give.
Because of how they handle their chick sells I do not support TSC or shop their for anything.
I get this. I know lots of people go to TSC or other stores for their chicks though.

I get this. I know lots of people go to TSC or other stores for their chicks though.
That's what I'd advocate against.
Quit supporting chick sells at stores.
What's the point? It supports poor care of chicks and impulse buying.
They sell the same chicks people can buy on their own direct from the hatcheries. Ya there's the worry about shipping chicks but the stores have them shipped just the same.
Buying direct gives more options on breeds and you're FAR MORE LIKELY to get the breeds and sexes that you trying to get.
Saving sick chicks from stores may save those few you buy or the many that we could all buy but it keeps the stores going with business as usual which will cost a far more chicks misery in the long run.

That's what I'd advocate against.
Quit supporting chick sells at stores.
What's the point? It supports poor care of chicks and impulse buying.
They sell the same chicks people can buy on their own direct from the hatcheries. Ya there's the worry about shipping chicks but the stores have them shipped just the same.
Buying direct gives more options on breeds and you're FAR MORE LIKELY to get the breeds and sexes that you trying to get.
Saving sick chicks from stores may save those few you buy or the many that we could all buy but it keeps the stores going with business as usual which will cost a far more chicks misery in the long run.
My church buys chicks from TSC every Easter and raffles them of one at a time to kids. Only one of those chicks from all those many years of Easters have made it.

I agree with you 100%. I am guilty of purchasing their ducklings though :oops:

I agree with the sentiment and I do alert staff to the pasty butt chicks and make them look at them, but I would never buy a chick with pasty butt. I would not risk my flock on an already sick baby. Nope. I love my girls too much.
I understand this. Often they aren’t truly sick though. Thanks for your thoughts.

I like having chicks available to me in those moments when I need them. Like if you only have 1 chick and you need others or any of those things. You can’t just run to a hatchery and buy a few extra chicks (or at least I can’t🤪). But I definitely like ordering from hatcheries better!😉 You have the option to vaccinate and they are more professional than any of those random workers in a Wilco store. These options tear me apart because I am definitely more of a person who cares about the chicks and not the people and what they get out of it. We live in a selfish world. Some people only care about the money. But it’s not the chick’s fault and I would just want to give the poor helpless baby a chance. But I guess that’s just me.😕

This also sounds a little bit like the attitude to buy all of the dogs that the cruel backyard breeder has in their home to 'save' them, but you're giving money to the person (or business) who is engaging in the practice...? Just a thought.
Hmm…I suppose you could think of it like that. But it’s not exactly what I mean.
This thread is mostly speaking to people who go to big-brand feed stores and plan to do so in the future. For the people who buy chicks from there. All I ask is that they maybe just try to include 1, or 2 little babies with pasty butt in their purchase. I’m not unhappy with anyone who is not willing to. If you’re already juggling a million things and can’t handle treating a chick with pasty butt, that’s fine.
But for the people who can it would save some lives.

I like having chicks available to me in those moments when I need them. Like if you only have 1 chick and you need others or any of those things. You can’t just run to a hatchery and buy a few extra chicks (or at least I can’t🤪). But I definitely like ordering from hatcheries better!😉 You have the option to vaccinate and they are more professional than any of those random workers in a Wilco store. These options tear me apart because I am definitely more of a person who cares about the chicks and not the people and what they get out of it. We live in a selfish world. Some people only care about the money. But it’s not the chick’s fault and I would just want to give the poor helpless baby a chance. But I guess that’s just me.😕
This is what I mean. For the people who use these feed stores (almost everyone does at some point) it might be a great idea.
Really, the chicks are not going to fuel the whole business. One sick chick is a couple dollars. That dog run you bought last year? That’s worth about 200 chicks. Those sacks of feed? Yeah. You’re not exactly keeping the store alive by helping out some chicks.

Back
Top Bottom