Raising Baby Chick-Along

Pics

Gee, i can't understand where the name comes from! :D
gorgeous, even with a silly name. ;)

The cuteness factor just hit 11!!!! And are those feathered feet on that darling chick? Maybe I'll have to adjust that to a 12!! :) love, love, love!

Very feathered feet! Definitely one of the prettiest chicks I've seen from my flock. Please pray she's a girl! :D

And, in other news, the lady buying Skip's chicks is going to wait until Tuesday. Somehow that makes me feel a bit better. Today while watching her (mamma) I could tell she's getting a little cabin fever being locked up with her babies. So this is probably good timing.

Good deal. that should give you time to evaluate the situation a little better.

So, Remember my early hatch on Tuesday??? Well I didn't want it to starve waiting for its siblings, so I got into the hatcher today... Check out what I found. There are still some wet birds and many eggs back in the hatcher to go full cycle. :ya:clap:ya:clap:wee
Inadvertently got some turkey eggs in this batch...

IMG_0635.JPG
I was expecting one or two early birds, not 32... These guys are on their way to the brooder
IMG_0637.JPG

In the brooder with their two week old siblings.
IMG_0639.JPG

A Happy day today:celebrate:woot

Attachments

• IMG_0638.JPG
    IMG_0638.JPG
    532.9 KB · Views: 2
View attachment 1055876 View attachment 1055877 View attachment 1055878 View attachment 1055879 My group is two weeks old today! They're really starting to grow and feather in now, athough the Faverolles is still lagging behind the others. They spend much more time on top of their heat plate than under it, except at night. I'm hoping to move them outside in another 7-10 days. They are a VERY chatty group and are getting quite adventurous. They're also starting to practice their flying skills.
If your two Favorelles are the yellow ones, it looks like you may have a male and female.

and you're off and running....or rather they are, lol
So, Remember my early hatch on Tuesday??? Well I didn't want it to starve waiting for its siblings, so I got into the hatcher today... Check out what I found. There are still some wet birds and many eggs back in the hatcher to go full cycle. :ya:clap:ya:clap:wee

View attachment 1092074 I was expecting one or two early birds, not 32... These guys are on their way to the brooder
View attachment 1092075
In the brooder with their two week old siblings.View attachment 1092078

View attachment 1092074 I was expecting one or two early birds, not 32... These guys are on their way to the brooder
View attachment 1092075
In the brooder with their two week old siblings.View attachment 1092078

Yay!!!!! :ya
So glad you got such a great hatch!!! :celebrate

And adorable to boot!! :love :love

Back
Top Bottom