Raising Baby Chick-Along

Pics
Well, Tara passed away peacefully this morning. I couldn't do a necropsy, but i did check inside her vent and i have a feeling that the dog crushed an egg inside her. :(

She will be missed. RIP dear Tara.

A couple of the last pics i took of her. The one is on the arm of my chair, the night of the attack.
View attachment 1122415 View attachment 1122416
Sorry for your loss. It always hurts to lose one.

Well, Tara passed away peacefully this morning. I couldn't do a necropsy, but i did check inside her vent and i have a feeling that the dog crushed an egg inside her. :(

A couple of the last pics i took of her. The one is on the arm of my chair, the night of the attack.
So sorry for your loss :hugs

Oh no! Crum. I am so sorry, my friend.
:hugs

I swear these chicks are growing daily! 20170827_190836.jpg

I am rushing to try and finish this coop. Hopefully perches go in tomorrow. I need to find a piece of metal for my pop door. The gutters need to be installed. And a top made for the run. I wanted to use metal but husband says wire. If it's wire, i want welded wire. I think he is thinking chicken wire. Not good enough. I am considering garden fencing but it is easily bent. I need to go see what is available.

I am rushing to try and finish this coop. Hopefully perches go in tomorrow. I need to find a piece of metal for my pop door. The gutters need to be installed. And a top made for the run. I wanted to use metal but husband says wire. If it's wire, i want welded wire. I think he is thinking chicken wire. Not good enough. I am considering garden fencing but it is easily bent. I need to go see what is available.
How's this sound for compromise? Use 1/2" welded wire and add a white tarp to half of it. I can tell you where I got my tarps as they were non-standard sizes and I still mis calculated so they were a foot too short. ARG! :he

Oh no!!!:hit:hit I am so sorry you lost your girl!:hugs Rest in Peace Tara!

How's this sound for compromise? Use 1/2" welded wire and add a white tarp to half of it. I can tell you where I got my tarps as they were non-standard sizes and I still mis calculated so they were a foot too short. ARG! :he
I have heavy duty preds here, including bears. A tarp is not going to do.

Back
Top Bottom