Raising Chickens and Special Needs Kids

Pics
Cheers Blooie! I'll drink to that.
big_smile.png

Congratulations on all the good test results today, for you and for Kendra.

Just wanted to pop in and say hi! Sounds like lots of good news I've been missing out on! GREAT to hear it BLOOIE!!!

Sorry, I haven't been around much. This forum and website seems to hate my computer. I find the only browser that works OK with it is Edge, and that's only if I come here quickly, say what I gotta say and leave. When I spend too much time here my computer gets slow and all locked up. I'm normally more geeky and figure these things out, but haven't had the time to determine the issue here. So - I just don't visit so much.

But I think of you all often! Take care of those special kiddos!

On a side note - we got rid of one of our Roosters. Now we only have one (THANK GOODNESS - because I only have a tiny little flock - 6 hens now. One is more than enough, and they were fighting too much. Plus the one was harassing all the girls all the time). My KK traded her rooster in to my sister for two Silkie Hens. More pets. LOL! She loves them to pieces! They are "soooo soft! I could just hold them all day long, Mom!" - They were raised in a more free range lifestyle, so I think they actually like being held too - they feel safe from all the other hens when KK's got them! Now, if they'd only learn to eat from her hand... although... it's good they don't because it means they don't peck at her when she walks into the run. Ha ha! We have learned one thing... if you want to have chickens, you either need to wear your muck boots in the run NOT sandals, or do NOT paint your toenails red or other bright colors.
lau.gif
It's fun watching the kids dance to keep their toes safe!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi! Sounds like lots of good news I've been missing out on! GREAT to hear it BLOOIE!!!

Sorry, I haven't been around much. This forum and website seems to hate my computer. I find the only browser that works OK with it is Edge, and that's only if I come here quickly, say what I gotta say and leave. When I spend too much time here my computer gets slow and all locked up. I'm normally more geeky and figure these things out, but haven't had the time to determine the issue here. So - I just don't visit so much.

But I think of you all often! Take care of those special kiddos!

On a side note - we got rid of one of our Roosters. Now we only have one (THANK GOODNESS - because I only have a tiny little flock - 6 hens now. One is more than enough, and they were fighting too much. Plus the one was harassing all the girls all the time). My KK traded her rooster in to my sister for two Silkie Hens. More pets. LOL! She loves them to pieces! They are "soooo soft! I could just hold them all day long, Mom!" - They were raised in a more free range lifestyle, so I think they actually like being held too - they feel safe from all the other hens when KK's got them! Now, if they'd only learn to eat from her hand... although... it's good they don't because it means they don't peck at her when she walks into the run. Ha ha! We have learned one thing... if you want to have chickens, you either need to wear your muck boots in the run NOT sandals, or do NOT paint your toenails red or other bright colors.
lau.gif
It's fun watching the kids dance to keep their toes safe!
LOL, red toenails would certainly be attractive to chickens!!!!

I'd love to find someone to trade me ANYTHING for a Rooster. I've given away at least 40 of them. I have 12 more I need to rehome right now. It is tough in the city to find home for this many roosters!

Glad you are enjoying the silkies - they are my favorite too!

And on the "good news Monday" front - Kendra is doing just fine! The indwelling Foley catheter has been removed (permanently, we hope!) and Jenny has been able to get several good caths done using the Mitrofanoff today. Ultrasound showed that everything inside is just perfect (just like our Kendra!) and functioning correctly. Biggest issue seems to be that because it was all so painful when she first came home, she tends to tense way up when it's time to cath. So Jenny just pushed it in until she felt a little "pop" and then kept pushing, and it worked perfectly!! Kendra still hates it, but it ISN'T as painful as she wants us to think it is. Since she can't really communicate, the fussing and crying is her way of saying, "Leave me alone!" and when she does that she tightens everything up. Kids will be home tomorrow! She doesn't have to go back for another checkup for months!! Doctors are very pleased, and happy that just keeping the Foley in as long as they did allowed healing to be completed.
And I had my annual ultrasound and PAD pressures tests on my legs today. No new blockages, pressures are fine (well, not normal for most but for me, looking very good - no change from last year) so I've officially been cut loose! I don't have to go back for any checkups or anything! If I start experiencing more pain and/or claudication, then I go back, but as of now I got a huge "all clear"! I have been going to this cardio/vascular clinic every year, sometimes two and three times a year, since 2007, have had 4 sets of stents put in each leg, and I've been going there long enough to have outlasted 3 doctors! See my taillights, St. V's?
Such great news!

Back
Top Bottom