Raising chickens in saudi arabia

jawwad

In the Brooder
Nov 7, 2015
Jizan saudi arabia
Hello all, i got my male n female chickens looks like 6 weeks old.please help me with the following problems
1.temperatures are super hot it goes up to 46 during after noon and in summers 55 digrees c.
2.how do i get them to mate.
3.do chickens mate with their kids, siblings parents etc
4.most of the time i am away for work is it very important to let them free all day.
5.i feed them rice n left overs they also eat grass n insects , wat else do i feed them..

Folks i badly need ur help, i have never ever had a home produced egg.

Regards

Welcome to Backyard chickens Jawwad, it is nice to meet you. Chicks are much to young to breed at 6 weeks of age. Males will eventually be ready to mate before the females but, will attempt it anyway. Males will breed any thing siblings, parents, anything they can get too. , unless you separate them.

Chickens do not need to run free all day long, especially if it is very hot. They would probably be happier in a very shady area. They do need lots of clean water in hot weather.

It's good to feed chickens a grower feed made for them so it meets their nutritional needs. Do you need to protect them from animal attacks where you live? Here we have coyotes, fox, raccoons, skunks, opossum predators that love to eat chickens. Family dogs and cats will also kill them. So they have to be kept in a wire protected yard often with a top to keep hawks away

I don't know what breed of chickens you have but, some do not start to lay eggs until 4-6 months of age. Hopefully the next responders will have more information for you.

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

Welcome!
frow.gif

Diva has given you some great advice.

Water!!!!! Everywhere. Do they have shaded areas where they run for the day? A must!

Don't worry about your rooster, he will mate when the girls are old enough. They will lay eggs around 5 to 7 months, then, if you see that the rooster is breeding them, you will have fertile eggs.

Are you able to get chicken feed for them? If not, try and make sure they get some other grains that you may have. If you are able to get eggs, scramble them, and feed them some a couple of times a week once they start laying. Or even chicken. They need a certain amount of protien while laying..and chicken feed will have that in it. Like I said, if you can't get the feed, give them eggs or chicken twice, or three times a week.

Chickens eat egg n chicken wow i hurd this for the first time, you people are expert in chickens thanks friends it was really informative, eagerly waiting for the eggs.

I live in an area where the weather can get very hot. I use fans to help move the air around. What breeds do you have?

welcome-byc.gif

It gets very hot and humid here in Florida too and these are some of the things we do to help our chickens feel more comfortable:
* Water, lots of fresh water and extra waterers so they don't have to go far to find it
* Frozen water bottles put inside their waterers helps keep the drinking water cool
* Large shallow plastic pan with 2-3" of water in it is nice, they love to stand in it (kid's swimming pools can work too if the sides aren't too tall)
* Cool treats like grapes, melon, frozen vegetables
* Hosing down the dirt so they can stand some place cooler
* Natural and artificial shade. If you don't have many trees, rig up something like a tarp covered frame they can sit under.
* Lots of ventilation in their coop and a fan set up high to move the air but not blow directly on the chickens
* Replace glass windows and solid doors with hardware cloth openings to help with ventilation

It can take some extra work to do all that but it's worth it to make them feel better and avoid heat-related deaths.

Good luck to you!

Back
Top Bottom