Raising Chicks

If you get or want a Male, you will need at least 9-10 girls. One Rooster will mate 10-30 times a day. Thats their job. Any number less, the poor girls will be battered. And you will be sad. Plus, you will need to know, they ARE LOUD!!!!! That's an understatement. Not just loud in the early morning, they can crow all day.
Are you prepared for that?
Me, I said No. I only have females. I get eggs everyday.

If you get or want a Male, you will need at least 9-10 girls. One Rooster will mate 10-30 times a day. Thats their job. Any number less, the poor girls will be battered. And you will be sad. Plus, you will need to know, they ARE LOUD!!!!! That's an understatement. Not just loud in the early morning, they can crow all day.
Are you prepared for that?
Me, I said No. I only have females. I get eggs everyday.
I think I'll pass on the male for now.

There are many pre-made coops available to purchase. Probkem is, people complain they are poorly and cheaply made. The Best and least expense is to build one with your parent or elder.
Yeah I was thinking that building my own is the better option. Considering my dad is an engineer it shouldn't be that hard right? Do you have a good video that shows how to build one? Also, what breed would you recommend that is easy, but lays eggs often?

You keep asking me about breeds.
Well, people really like the Buff Orpingtons. They are very friendly and if you handle them everyday as chicks, sit with them while doing homework, they will be jumping on your lap, pooping!!! Lol
Lol. I'm fine with that. Let me check them out. What do you recommend for bedding? What do you recommend for food?

You keep asking me about breeds.
Well, people really like the Buff Orpingtons. They are very friendly and if you handle them everyday as chicks, sit with them while doing homework, they will be jumping on your lap, pooping!!! Lol
I'll have 6 little chicks hopping along my desk and pooping on it.
Teacher: What happened to your HW?
Me: My chickens pooped on it *laugh*

That is correct!! Lol
They other breed people like are Barr Rock. See, you want to make sure you get ALL girls. So, to guarantee that, you need to get ones called "Sex Link". Otherwise, you chance getting roosters. What will you do with them?
Eat them?
Idk but, think about that.

That is correct!! Lol
They other breed people like are Barr Rock. See, you want to make sure you get ALL girls. So, to guarantee that, you need to get ones called "Sex Link". Otherwise, you chance getting roosters. What will you do with them?
Eat them?
Idk but, think about that.
No. I wouldn't eat them. I'd raise them for eggs. What do you recommend for bedding? What do you recommend for food?

Back
Top Bottom