Raising Mandarin Ducklings

Valeris

Chirping
Jul 15, 2023
Hey guys,

This year I got (and hatched) 15 mandarin ducklings. From those sadly only 8 are left.

For some reason at about week 4 or 5 some of them started showing signs of weakness and within only 6 hours they were gone.

I tried everything I read on the internet, I asked the breeder who originally sold me the eggs, I asked other people and everyone was a bit dumbfounded. Now this 8 are about 3 months old and we are doing great so far but I wanted to open this thread to discuss your experiences as well as mine and have a place where Mandarin enthusiasts can find real information.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4723.jpeg
    IMG_4723.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4722.jpeg
    IMG_4722.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
Hey guys,

This year I got (and hatched) 15 mandarin ducklings. From those sadly only 8 are left.

For some reason at about week 4 or 5 some of them started showing signs of weakness and within only 6 hours they were gone.

I tried everything I read on the internet, I asked the breeder who originally sold me the eggs, I asked other people and everyone was a bit dumbfounded. Now this 8 are about 3 months old and we are doing great so far but I wanted to open this thread to discuss your experiences as well as mine and have a place where Mandarin enthusiasts can find real information.

Thanks
Those are mandarins? The one on the left doesn't look like one at all, they almost look like Mandarin crosses.
These 2 in the picture are juveniles still growing their feathers out. They are only about 4 months old.

Back
Top Bottom