Raising our 1st set of CX meaties

Chenier Farms down the road sells local raw honey. If interested, I can inbox you her number.

$6.00 eggs huh? They will taste just like others who have chickens in the backyard.

Good to know there is someone right down the road from me.

Let me know if you are ever interested in Chicken Sitting. :oops:

We probably drive by there all the time, I will definitely look into it. Thank you!

Chicken Sitting?! Give me a shout! Lol.

I surely will. I'm down to 200 animals, so not as many as I had before. :oops: So, it's not too bad. :oops:

lau.gif
Only 200 at the start of breeding!

ONLY 200? Wow!! We have about 30 chickens, but that includes 6 roosters I need to see if the feed store will help me get rid of, lol.

Yes only. :oops:

You can always put an ad on Craigslist to get rid of them. I always have people stop by my house for roosters. I can message you the next time someone stops by.

Yes only.
hide.gif

You can always put an ad on Craigslist to get rid of them. I always have people stop by my house for roosters. I can message you the next time someone stops by.

The only one worth selling is an easter egger, he's just too rough on his girls. Others are two mutt bantams a Splash Rosecomb was cheeky enough to secretly hatch out, a tiny pigeon sized grey rooster and a Buff Brahma Bantam rooster. I have a weird assortment of roosters and the majority of them are too small to be of use, or eat!

Last edited:
Hey ladies, been sick a few days and missing out on everything. I'm out of Shreveport. I'm not going to buy but a few meaties this year. Maybe a couple of times because of freezer space. When I get a new one I'll probably put my toe in at 25.
lau.gif
I have absolutely no help or hubby so I'm on my own. I did place my order through Sandhill a few days ago. 5 White Dorkings, 5 Lt Sussex and 5 New Hampshire. Along with 10 assorted heavies to even out the 25. This is the start of my breeding plan. I want to do red sex links to sell as well as a heavy duty good tasting bird. We'll see on this. It will take months to get them so I also ordered 5 White Rocks and 5 Delawares and extras to get my egg layers going. They will be delivered 3/20. So excited.
ya.gif

The only one worth selling is an easter egger, he's just too rough on his girls. Others are two mutt bantams a Splash Rosecomb was cheeky enough to secretly hatch out, a tiny pigeon sized grey rooster and a Buff Brahma Bantam rooster. I have a weird assortment of roosters and the majority of them are too small to be of use, or eat!
You don't have to sell them! People in need of a rooster will show up faster for a free rooster than one that costs money!

You don't have to sell them! People in need of a rooster will show up faster for a free rooster than one that costs money!

The last EE rooster we sold for $10, I would just do that again. I'll happily give away the other ragabonds! What I get for ordering a bantam grab bag last year.

Back
Top Bottom