Raising our New Zealand Meat Rabbits *Start to finish - Birth to processing* Possible Graphic pics*

My doe is on her 29 day too first time mom so I am getting very worried and excited as I always do I put bedding in and she just stared at it hoping she will know what to do as the others did . bunny's soon I hope crossing fingers
bun.gif

Kits were all born dead last week 5 total the weather had a lot to with it went from 70 degrees to 27 degrees over night I had it warm protected and every thing but was not enough with the weather change I guess. so I am done breeding till spring time.

Kits were all born dead last week 5 total the weather had a lot to with it went from 70 degrees to 27 degrees over night I had it warm protected and every thing but was not enough with the weather change I guess. so I am done breeding till spring time.

I am so sorry to hear that chiklee, hopefully spring will bring you many baby buns!
hugs.gif

Love the pics and videos! Been MIA awhile, crazy busy. Bunnies are producing awesome. I'm getting a few kindles a month and hubby is building me a set of grow out pens soon. We produced a lot if keepers!

Happy Turkey day everyone!

Adorable babies! Can't wait to have my first litter in the nest box. Is that the nestboxes you get at Tractor Supply? I'm wondering if large covered cat litter boxes would work as boxes for my NZ/Flemish doe.

I'm not sure if I have actually posted pictures of my herd/hutch here yet, so I thought I would let you in to see my meat mutt herd!!! Hope you enjoy and it is PICTURE HEAVY!!!!!!!

Hutches:
H8XayP9.jpg

AUeE8m2.jpg

24ixWWk.jpg

cW3QBX0.jpg

ZQKbLQs.jpg

fiYCwIG.jpg

Un-named Buck
u0Bll5q.jpg

EpmTixo.jpg

Yjd6AK7.jpg

Buster
YTwSqoE.jpg

Cali Grooming herself- I am having some issues with her. She had her only litter for me in August, and has either missed or not taken since. I keep giving her the benefit of the doubt, but I think she is just getting up there in age, as well as weight. What can I do to try to decrease her weight a bit to see if she would be receptive to the buck?
lWjfpXg.jpg

Hunni Bunni
6AQbb7j.jpg

rjwl2bQ.jpg

O1fPvwd.jpg

UiAwwcQ.jpg

Grow Out Litter
SXfoCCN.jpg

MiDIRPy.jpg

ScMg0Z6.jpg

Violet
4JhlXJi.jpg

Any advice or input is appreciated! Any guesses as to what potential breeds Hunni Bunni is? I am still learning breeds and colors and would love your knowledge!!!..

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and Have a Wonderful New Year!!

Crookdbeak - I love how resourceful you have been with your set up. Can't help out with breed id am too new myself and also have mutts. Hopefully our first litter is percolating now. First attempt didn't produce any. This is our second go of it. She is carrying around the hay which the first one never did. Fingers crossed. Happy New Year to all.

:bun I had 3 of my 4 does that are pregnant kindle today! So excited! just waiting for my final one 2 of them are first time mommies. The 1 did very well and pulled a good amount of fur which is great since the highest will be 30 degrees all week! Hoping my last mommy does good!

Back
Top Bottom