Raising peachick in chicken territory - cocci?

Yes, that is full strength, and giving it that long can cause a thiamine deficiency.

Then I am so glad I asked! Thank you for taking the time to talk with me about it. I will stop the treatment right away.

What are the symptoms of a thiamine deficiency? And what can I do about it if necessary?

Well, if you read it on the internet it MUST be true, right?

My vet recommends giving a round of treatment proactively every two weeks but certainly not every day. I have moved on to Toltrazuril as it is safer than Sulfadimetoxine and more effective than corrid.

Yes, its hard to sort out what is good information and what is just opinion or misinformation. We haven't found a vet anywhere around the Tallahassee area who knows about birds...so I will just keep asking questions.

I had not heard of Toltrazuril but will research it and give it a try in the future. Thanks for your help.

Yes, its hard to sort out what is good information and what is just opinion or misinformation. We haven't found a vet anywhere around the Tallahassee area who knows about birds...so I will just keep asking questions.

I had not heard of Toltrazuril but will research it and give it a try in the future. Thanks for your help.
Clutch your purse because this stuff isn't cheap but it saves birds.

Back
Top Bottom