Raising peachick in chicken territory - cocci?

So my next questions :

1) now that I have stopped with the Corid should I still continue feeding them the medicated chick starter or change to non-medicated chick starter/grower?

2) should I start giving them vitamin B1 right away or wait to see symptoms of thiamine deficiency?

3) If I do start giving them vitamin B1 should it be for a specific amount of time or just make it a part of their feeding routine?

I am trying not to assume anything since that always seems to lead to trouble.

Yes. My feed store did not have game bird starter. I have it on order but it may take a week or so before it comes in.
There is nothing wrong with feeding chicken starter, it is the only choice my feed mill offers. It is a 23% protein and has amprolium, we have used it for years.
IMG_1110.JPG

There is nothing wrong with feeding chicken starter, it is the only choice my feed mill offers. It is a 23% protein and has amprolium, we have used it for years.View attachment 2255784

I am wondering if, since I may have overtreated the chicks with Corid for 3 weeks, I should continue or discontinue the chick starter with amprolium and start giving them Vitamin B1 to address possible thiamine deficiency?

Well, if you read it on the internet it MUST be true, right?

My vet recommends giving a round of treatment proactively every two weeks but certainly not every day. I have moved on to Toltrazuril as it is safer than Sulfadimetoxine and more effective than corrid.
I have been trying to find out where to buy Toltrazuril but I have read that it is not available in the United States. Where do you buy yours?

Thank you for the link. Can you share the dosage information you use for peachicks and adult peafowl? (The information I read addresses puppies and kittens but does not address peafowl)
I give no less than 0.014 ml per 100 grams of bodyweight orally for 2-3 days. This stuff is an oral suspension, it is not water soluble, so it needs to be given orally.

Back
Top Bottom