Raising Pigeons

Yes, if it's not in the grit already add some crushed oyster shell to it. All my birds get grit, I usually buy the Red Cross Gray Grit as it comes with the oyster shell already in it.

Anyway, as long as they have clean water, good feed, grit and a safe place to live, they will eventually get down to business and hatch some babies for you.

Quote:
That is so weird that you posted that on Wednesday!! I just went to the auction last night and had a pair of parlor rollers given to my son!!
ep.gif
How cool is that?

Hey Sara. My dad uses those gallon ice cream buckets, among other things, as nests. Just an idea. You have to put some heavy rocks or something in the bottom so they don't tip it when they go in it. He has a pair of white homers that like to nest on the ground. The other birds use the nest boxes on the wall.

Quote:
That is so weird that you posted that on Wednesday!! I just went to the auction last night and had a pair of parlor rollers given to my son!!
ep.gif
How cool is that?

Yes odd, I post that because thats the only breed I know that cant fly at all.

Quote:
This last try for then has been in there new condo. The first two times was in a temperary pen only about 2 foot tall. We had to use emergency shelter for them since there former owner had died. We didn't know we would be getting pigeons. There was a goose, 2 ducks, a rabbit and three chickens that went with the deal. The lady that died it was her family member said all the animals had to go and the coops to so me an another man split the animals. I mentioned which animals I took. It was well worth the deal because it supplied me with 9 structures that can be turned into coops in minutes. All they will need is runs attached. I rehomed the ducks and goose. That goose was mean.

Snakeman has built them a nice nesting box as per instructions from either Deerman or Chuck, can't remember but thanks guys. He also doesn't want me to fly them, let them do there thing and come home. I know you know how sick I have been and I'm excited about the whole project. I haven't been this excited about anything in a long time.

Why don't you get Chris rolling his pigeons than look for a place for him to compete. It wouldn't matter how the pigeons performed as cute as he is he would win. Don't ya think?

oegblady, I just trim the feathers on my trumpeters for breeding. You will need to trim the mane feathers, if you want to breed the Jacobin.

Sad think about some breeds, have to trim some. In the case of Jacobin they cant see to breed.
The ones like my trumpeters, those long leg feathers get in the way.
Some short beak breeds cant feed their young.

I really like the Jacobins.
Just something about birds that can home hundreds of mile. I got hook on them, but also like so many of the other breeds.

I have found they now have some new breeds, since I have been out of them.

Indian Fantails was my pick of show birds. Now there is a Minidian Fantail, and a Indian Fantasy

Deerman i was wondering if those long feathers on their heads would need to be trimmed. Thank You! i don't see how they eat
gig.gif

You mean theres new fantails!! OH LORD HELP ME!
th.gif

Quote:
Help you, sure I will need help also. Guess the Indian Fantasy. Was bred my using Indian Fantail, and Jacobins. The mini are just small Indian Fantail ( 10 oz) Have not seen any just pics.

For sure I am rehook on Pigeon, think for the rest of my life.

Back
Top Bottom