Raising pure breeds

Just a thought, but could you build a temporary tractor pen? It probably wouldn't be a permanent arrangement, but I think even my mediocre wood-working skills could get something like the below done in less than a week. And it would be great for those small isolation jobs that happen when you get a new adult chicken.
e3434aa009983b08e7672e426dede443--cute-chicken-coops-chicken-coop-designs.jpg

Not a huge fan of purebreeds, but I love the looks of the blue Ameraucana.
That is something that I have thought about and will most likely do. I am doing the purebred route for the same reason I keep all my seeds separated in the garden so that they can't cross breed. Chickens of two different breeds usually make great dual purpose chickens but having some pure breeds around that are climate adapted is a good thing overall

That is something that I have thought about and will most likely do. I am doing the purebred route for the same reason I keep all my seeds separated in the garden so that they can't cross breed. Chickens of two different breeds usually make great dual purpose chickens but having some pure breeds around that are climate adapted is a good thing overall
:thumbsup

Raising chickens has changed a lot since I had my first flock. Can anyone give me an idea of how I should feed the medicated chick crumbles I am using right now. They were having an issue with pasty butt and the medicated food has cleared it up. I have to get more feed tomorrow and I am going from a 5 pound bag to a 20 pound bag and I wasn't sure of how long to keep them on the medicated food They are 20 days old and have been on the medicated food for 12 days .

Back
Top Bottom