Raising them as truly free how many hours would momma have them in the water?

i have four so i give them four big scoops (full drinking cup) of feed every morning, i give them treats throughout the day and they are always foraging and finding things to eat so its not just the morning feed that theyre eating too. however that feed can last them all day, but ive heard a lot about people feeding their ducks twice a day like dogs do
My daughter is gonna hate that. She's such a cheap you know what when it comes to pet food. I guess the bag doesn't have suggested amounts lol.

My daughter is gonna hate that. She's such a cheap you know what when it comes to pet food. I guess the bag doesn't have suggested amounts lol.
she could give them a head of lettuce if theyre fully grown once in a while if she wants to also, its doesn’t replace their feed though

Lol I think we broke them...
We supervised a pond swim the other day after pulling crap out for hours. We of course don't have a squeaky clean bottom. We've been in the water so the only thing left should have been the minnows and other small fish and plant roots.
The first time they loved it until one of the brown apparently got swiped by a root or a tiny fish swam by grazing a leg. Out have out a short yelp of OMG something touched me! Everyone kept swimming a little longer.
The next day no one would actually get in the water but stood on the very edge, poor probably same brown duck squealed again... guess it hates mucky, yucky water too. I feel it's pain. Gives me the hebie jebies when the grass on the pool that they didn't eat would rub against me and I can see through the clear water to know it's not my biggest fear, a 🐍.

If there is it's tiny baby ones where they were playing. Being the first time in water with little fish and lots of floating grass remnants I'm pretty sure it was those harmless things.

On a side note, I want my chickens back. They never went through periods of attitude. I got my first set of attitudes today. Not happy. They refused to be in my vicinity. Would not swim in the blow up pool if I was around. Wouldn't even go in to cool off or eat as that is where I give them their food since they make such a mess trying to eat dry food then get a drink. I seen one of the brown ones (I think it's name is Fiona) run after my daughter's dog in an aggressive manor(I knew that was a matter of time since the dog is a pain and I've chased her away from the ducks food several times, which is the other reason I started to feed them in the pool so they would have to get it from the water or bottom of the pool)
They chose to sit in their little area up front and pant instead of going into the pool. I even tried herding them into the pool and they pretty much turned around and left it. Made me sad and angry.
And OMG 30 chickens pooping did not smell as bad as these 5.

Maybe you can find a nice forever home for them and go back to chickens.

Ducklings do go through the Axe Murderer phase where we will kill them if they get close, but they do out grow it.

Back
Top Bottom