Ran out of duck food can I feed just corn

Ok so would a mix of cracked corn and cat food work as the main feed for 1-2 weeks? With fresh fruit and vegetables for snacks and also mealworms and treat squares on the side to as 10% of diet?

I was just going to suggest that :)

I would not try to mix the corn and the cat food.
Just put them in separate dishes and let the ducks choose how much of each to eat.

And yes, fruits & vegetables are a good idea too.

I was just going to suggest that :)

I would not try to mix the corn and the cat food.
Just put them in separate dishes and let the ducks choose how much of each to eat.

And yes, fruits & vegetables are a good idea too.
Thank you! Any other ideas are appreciated as well

I’ve called quite a few pet stores around here, nobody sells duck feed. There was one that I saw it at a few weeks ago but now they don’t have it (of course right when I need it) but i’m gonna go there and check tomorrow anyways, I doubt it though
They may not sell it, but they may direct you to someone who does.

Ok so would a mix of cracked corn and cat food work as the main feed for 1-2 weeks? With fresh fruit and vegetables for snacks and also mealworms and treat squares on the side to as 10% of diet?
Could you order from Amazon to minimize your time frame to one week? It saves you the cost of driving.

This ratio sounds pretty good, sounds like you got it covered.

Could you order from Amazon to minimize your time frame to one week? It saves you the cost of driving.

This ratio sounds pretty good, sounds like you got it covered.
I could do that! I know I seem like a horrible duck owner for not being able to get the food right away, but I promise I love my ducks and try to give them the best life possible

Do you think they would eat more corn though? I feel like they might have a preference and only eat corn.
What about soaking the cat food, it will make it look more appetizing if she prefer the corn.
I could do one bowl (about 4 cups) of corn and one of cat food and not refill them until both are gone? That way after they eat the corn and get hungry again they have to eat the cat food

Do you think they would eat more corn though? I feel like they might have a preference and only eat corn.
The obvious way to find out: offer both and see.

Having "too much" of one or the other for a day or two won't be very bad for their health, and by then it should be obvious whether they are eating both or just one.

What about soaking the cat food, it will make it look more appetizing if she prefer the corn.
I would offer it dry first (because wet food spoils faster than dry), but I agree that soaking the cat food is a good idea to try if the duck does not like it wet.

I could do that! I know I seem like a horrible duck owner for not being able to get the food right away, but I promise I love my ducks and try to give them the best life possible
You don't sound like that at all, it happens to us all. More than not I forget to place my Chewy order sometimes, and I have to feed soaked alfalfa pellets and whatever else I can find for a day until I can run to go get something from our closest feed store.
It happens to the best of us. :)

Back
Top Bottom