Random facts

Can I post random facts too? I have an interesting one.

Bogs are Ireland’s original refrigerators and they are pretty good. Even 3,000-year-old bog butter is edible. We know this because archeologists tended to eat it. The secret is the anaerobic nature of the bog. Without oxygen, neither the butter nor its wooden container decomposes.
A 200,000+ year old man was found preserved in a bog in perfect condition.

200 years ago in Scotland, people used to leave animal hides in the bogs to tan them, coming back in 3-5 years or more, so they could have a durable long lasting hide.

In the song: Yankee Doodle, there is a sentence phrasing: He stuck a Feather in his cap and called it macaroni.
The reason he called it macaroni is because in the 16th century Macaroni did not refer to pasta, but to style.
It was commonly used to describe a group of posh men called "The Macaroni". Meaning, he was not calling the Feather in his cap delicious.... 😋

Heeyyyy it's me with another not so fun fact this time about eels *gags*

Ok I absolutely hate eels... but they are pretty cool.

These nasty little water snakes have confused scientists for many years. They can't find any genitals at all. AT ALL. HOW. Someone looked through like 1000+ and couldn't find a single one. And what's even worse is we don't know where they lay their eggs. Like we have no idea. We have TRACKED THEM and we still don't know. Insane. Oh, and certain types have electricity? The egyptians used it to cure pain, but W H A T. Electricity before electricity was a thing. How did it evolve this?? We do not know. We know like nothing about them. The only type I like is the ribbon eel. It's pretty. It's so very confusing because thin???? It's like one of those superthin screens. You know, the flexible ones? Like HOW do the organs fit in there??? Mk I can't even talk about eels anymore they are disGUSTING

Oh and another thing WHAT IN THE EVERLOVING is the snipe eel??? I HATE it?? Euuughhhh
Eel blood is toxic to humans

Pool drains are strong enough to pull organs out of the body.
:thDoes it have to be a certain depth or size of pool?
In the song: Yankee Doodle, there is a sentence phrasing: He stuck a Feather in his cap and called it macaroni.
The reason he called it macaroni is because in the 16th century Macaroni did not refer to pasta, but to style.
It was commonly used to describe a group of posh men called "The Macaroni". Meaning, he was not calling the Feather in his cap delicious.
So now the real question is, how did the pasta get that name?

Haven't done this in a while sooooo
I've been really into corsets recently, and a fun fact about those are that not only would they displace your organ really badly, they also caused fainting and sometimes death from the organ displacement I mentioned earlier... fun!
Only in cases of extreme tight lacing and in people who didn't work their way up to the extremes in a slow manner - if given enough time and done carefully you could reasonably move your organs around and have them adjust to the constriction without dire effect as long as you didn't live a super active lifestyle. Ribs were not broken intentionally to do this, however it did happen.
Corsets were worn comfortably for everything including pregnancy (and no, they didn't tight lace) to high activity sports, and they had corsets for literally everything you could think of. Pregnancy corsets had extra panels so it could expand with you as you grew and helped take the pressure off your back. Sports corsets were usually made out of light mesh and were super flexible so you could run and jump around.
And keep in mind that modern day corsets, unless you buy them from someone who knows what they're doing, don't have the same gores, panels, and shaping that vintage ones did. Vintage corsets were designed to go over your hips in a contour, not a straight tube like cheap modern ones. You also have to break a corset in so that the boning will form to your body shape in a comfortable manner.
Tight lacing was an extreme fashion thing, much like people tattooing their entire body. Most people wouldn't do it. And the reason we think that everyone tight laced was because Victorian fashion panels were hand drawn and so much like modern day cartoons they exaggerated a lot of features. On top of that many women would use padding, not tight lacing, to achieve the desired fashionable silhouette.
Oh! Another fun fact! Men also wore corsets in the high fashion societies. :D

Back
Top Bottom