**RANT** about TERRIBLE TEACHERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
as a parent of a 14 yr old daughter, i would be livid.

a. the teacher was speaking of highly inappropriate topics in mixed company. end of story. your parents need to get involved. TOMORROW. NO EXCEPTIONS.

b. the young lady had no reason to put her body on your body. end of story. your parents need to get involved. TOMORROW. NO EXCEPTIONS.

do not throw a fit. do NO use terms like very OR FRICKEN again. it's inappropriate whether they were wrong or not. act like you are at school and have respect for your teacher whether he/she deserves it or not. that's honor. you didn't like being treated with disrespect and dishonor. grow up and be an adult. honor doesn't get earned, it just is something you DO. the behaviors you do now are the patterns you make for life.

they were wrong and it needs to be fixed, but you need to do it the right way. follow protocol. get your school guide book out and find the rules. your parents need to make time to meet with the principal or it will not be important. the teacher will do this behavior again. and so will the young lady. if there is no follow up by the principal, go to the school board.

In most schools, any reference at all to a cuss word will get you detention. That being said, that teacher needs a good talking to from the principal, and quickly. Get your parents involved too. Considering the situation, the detention should be revolked. She was teasing you with the water, assaulted you with the knee.

Quote:
I agree with this the teachers behavior is uncalled for. Teachers are like any other profession there are good and bad. Looks like you found a bad one, this type of joking is intolerable.

Quote:
I agree there is no need for the law to step in here. Kate, you happen to be one of the teachers in this world that cares about her students and I wish I could hug you every time I read your teaching posts!!!!

This kids teacher sounds like the one that told my son he wasn't worth the air it took for him to breathe.

Everyone remember - in EVERY profession there are good and bad.

Oh, yea, the reason I said to let your parents know was the sexual harassment; I figure they'll take care of that part from their end! That doesn't necessarily mean the teacher won't try to harass you in other ways after that, although most won't. I'd still keep in touch with the principal since they at least aren't letting that teacher do the detention.

You posted your age. I would remove that. Just to be careful. MINOR.

That was very unprofessional of that teacher. Just remember that school really is such a short period of your life. I remember putting up with garbage too. High school especially. Our teachers believe it or not would smoke in the closet in the top floor and smoke would just roll out.
roll.png

You need to explain to the principal what happened. Do you have any friends or know of anyone trustworthy in the same class as a witness? Tell the principal to talk to them.

I had several teachers like that, with one who was my 5th grade teacher I just had to wait all year until he finally switched schools. He always singled me out on everything, made that year a living hell. The other harrassed me (and others) several times and had this whole racial hate thing going on, he thought I was Native Alaskan, no idea why, I'm very pale skinned. I ended up telling my mom and she went in and cussed the principal and a bunch of other people out. They agreed to fire him at the end of the year. When they heard that I transfered out during the summer they let him back in and he's been teaching every since. Now I do school online.
Bad teachers like that, unfortunatly aren't uncommon. Luckily there are some good ones still out there.

Unfortunatly at the time we never thought about lawsuits, etc. If the principal deems the teacher's actions as sexual harrassment, make sure they do something about it!

Just remember, teachers are people, too. They make mistakes. Sounds like your teacher made a BIG mistake. If you calmly let him know that he offended and embarrassed you then you could feel good about it and perhaps he might consider an apology. It's hard not to let emotions take control when you're upset so consider using your detention time to write him a letter.

PS: It sounds like the girl was trying to get your attention
wink.png

Quote:
I agree there is no need for the law to step in here. Kate, you happen to be one of the teachers in this world that cares about her students and I wish I could hug you every time I read your teaching posts!!!!

This kids teacher sounds like the one that told my son he wasn't worth the air it took for him to breathe.

Everyone remember - in EVERY profession there are good and bad.

Thank you, but please remember for every child that makes a claim like this there is one lying about a claim like this too. I'm not saying the OP is, but I find it very interesting that everytime a thread gets shut down about homeschooling or teachers, or the President and teachers, one will pop up with an absolute horrid accusation against teachers. It is guaranteed that one will appear right away and then everyone tries to out do each other on just how bad the teachers are. I'm thinking of starting my own rant about terrible students and parents because for every teacher there are at least 25 in a self-contained classroom plus their parents, so there must be a lot more "terrible students and parents" than teachers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom