rant: At some point it's time to GROW UP!

lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

I am sorry but that just cracked me up! Some people KILL me! I had my first at 18. Work your schedule around your kids or don't have them!!!!!!!!

After a year of not seeing them I would care less if i let them know a lil something!! Desperation is not a good color to wear.............
barnie.gif

I think it's not hearing 'boo' from them for a year, not knowing them well, and asking (the gall!) to watch them overnight on a weekend! And they were monsters last time you had them visit? Excuse me?! No freakin' way!
barnie.gif

I was a single parent forever (dd was 6 months old) of 2, and at least with mine, when they got to be about 12 or so, and hanging out with friends (yes, I knew where they were and who they were with!) I started getting much more time to myself ... so, Gabrielle1976, I doubt you'll have to wait until they're 18!
wee.gif

I have never put my children "out" to anyone ever...... We are the parents and we take responsibility.................We have never had sitters either..... could not tell you when we last went out alone......but that is parenthood..... now my youngest is reaching the age (13) where I can leave him for a short while while I "nip to the shops"........... other than that these children have been "glued" to my side.................

Simply say NO!!!! Tell them you have the swine flu. Oh, and dressing up like elves and throwing things at people in the woods is very disturbing to me. What the heck?

I babysat for some kids, twice, for a girl I diddn't know. Come to find out, I was watching her step-kids, while she took her own two kids to meet the parents of the guy she was cheating on her hubby with....
ep.gif

Not to mention she always called my DH and asked him to go to the bar with her...
somad.gif
This is not someone we knew for awhile, it is someone we had just met a few weeks before.

There are some strange people out there!!

Always be too busy! You owe this woman nothing. I avoid nervy people like a plague. Life is too short to be yanked around by people you don't know well or like--that's my two cents for what it's worth.
smile.png

AMEN English Chick. I absolutely HATED the fact that I had to work to make enough money to support the kids and my Dh. I so wanted to be a stay at home mom and do all the mommy stuff. But I did not have that luxury. SOOOO i did the next best thing and got a WONDERFUL sitter who considered my kids her kids. She taught them and made them have manners and please and thank yous and such. I think in the whole time my kids were little I had one sitter that they did not know, the other times it was Grammy but that was like a week during the summer and that was it.

I take my girls EVERYWHERE with me or we don't go. If kids are not allowed I am not allowed. you want me, my girlies go too! You learn to adjust and choose activities that you like and that your kids can go as well. My kids learned to meet new people and adjust to scrutiny and praise. You cannot train your kids at home ONLY. They have to be exposed to different situations and places. ANYHOO, I agree this person had some gall asking that of you. Now if they had been visiting and YOU suggested it, that is a different story but you just don't ask someone you have not seen in a year or more to take your kids so you can selfishly go "play games"
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom